AlphaPix and PixLite Controller Differences

Gilrock

Full time elf
I might just leave my Pixlite in the box. I was reminded there is a new Falcon board coming.

dmoore

Senior elf
We (HolidayCoro) would like to also put a few things on the record about the AlphaPix controller so people can have a balanced understanding of our hardware.

* We have never intended or implied that HolidayCoro was the manufacturer of the Pixlite controller. We included links to Advatek for software and documentation for the entire time we have sold the Pixlite controllers. We have a long relationship with the manufacturer of our AlphaPix controllers and have 100%confidence in them.

* As stated, there is no connection between the AlphaPix or the Pixlite controllers. We did provide a comparison of the two controllers due to the number of customer requests of "what is the difference" but we also did the same thing, with the approval of Advatek, with the SanDevices and J1Sys controllers when we only carried Pixlite controllers. We believe that customers should have the necessary information to make informed choices.

* We have increased the warranty period of AlphaPix controllers, as Advetek has, from 12 months to 36 months also. This will apply to PRE-SALE controllers also.

* For customers that feel comfortable with setup of their PC (IP addressing, Ethernet wiring, sequencing, etc) we do not feel that you should have to pay for this service which is factored into most other controllers. As a result, we are able to provide you, the customer, with exactly the level of service and cost that works best for you and not be asked to pay for something that you won't use. This allows our controllers to be the least expensive E1.31 controllers on the market today.

* Our controllers work with all platforms - Windows, Mac, Linux and can be configured from the LCD interface directly on the controller or from a webpage.

The result of new controllers on the market means two things for customers of all controllers - lower prices and more choice. HolidayCoro constantly works to bring new items and ever lower price points to make holiday lighting more accessible to everyone and the AlphaPix is another example of that commitment.

Khalid

It's not what it is, but what you make of it.
I am fairly new to this world of lights.

All i can say regarding this topic is everyone has a right to practice capitalism the way it has been set. Unless and if Coro are breaching a patent it is unfair to throw slanders at them for practicing their own business right.

I am not defending on whether and if they have provided misleading info, for that i have no say. But in the case of creating a similar product, its a free market.

I don't mean to offend anyone just giving my opinion.

Im looking in to purchasing Pixelite 16 because i feel safer since their product has been out for longer. But that's not to say that i wouldn't consider the Alpha in the future.

Peace!