Another Arduino Strobe Project

Jago

New elf
I have been working on a Arduino base strobe project.

Took ideas I had plus ideas I had seen here and combined into this project.

Most the coding is finished, The DMX is not fully tested.
[attachimg=1]
Features
  • Nodes: This sets the number of nodes(pixels) in the string. This setting requires a reset and can only be set at LCD
  • Address: This is the DMX start address. Can only be set via LCD.
  • Chip: This select what chipset the lights have. This setting requires a reset and can only be set at LCD.
  • Mode: Disabled, DMX, Manual. This setting can be only be set via LCD and is realtime.
  • Speed: This can be set via the LCD or via DMX all updates happen in realtime. Speed is the delay between strobes values can range from 0-3000ms
  • Fill: This is how many lights are on at onces. This vale can be set via LCD and DMX and ranges from 1 to Node Count. This value is realtime.
  • Flash: Controls how long the strobes stay on for. Can be set via LCD and DMX. Has a range of 1-100 and and is realtime.

All setting are stored in EEPROM, so any settings set at LCD can be saved. DMX settings are not saved between power cycles.

Attachments

• Menu.jpg
    Menu.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 97

mick8248

Full time elf
Thx for sharing your project, have a couple of arduino boards and displays sitting idle, looking forward to having a play when you finish coding.

Jago

New elf
Just doing the last of the testing now. Was waiting on the MAX485 to arrive.

Here is the shield I built.

Been tweaking the DMX code a bit to get better value mappings.

Don't have a full string of strobes to show it with (got a string from ray wu coming) I can make a video then.

Note: The jumper is not needed as a rule. I have it there so I can update the program easier as the MAX485 uses a serial interface and thus interferes with the usb programmer

Attachments

• shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 21

Jago

New elf
Here is first version of the code.

There is no warranty on this code. I have tested it best I could and it works on my tests.

Attachments

• Strobes.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 4

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I can see an excess of heat halfway along the bottom edge of that shield. Need a tougher shield :)

Jago said:
Just doing the last of the testing now. Was waiting on the MAX485 to arrive.

Here is the shield I built.

Been tweaking the DMX code a bit to get better value mappings.

Don't have a full string of strobes to show it with (got a string from ray wu coming) I can make a video then.

Note: The jumper is not needed as a rule. I have it there so I can update the program easier as the MAX485 uses a serial interface and thus interferes with the usb programmer