Another from United States

RickRS

New elf
Hello, all. Just joining the ranks of Christmas Displays.
Promised the granddaughter we would put together a Christmas light show of our own. Annual sale at one of the Light-O-Rama dealers so I pick up two 16 channel controllers to get a start with. I join to get the display manual your forum has put together. And hopefully I will avoid some of the newbie mistakes by learning from the others here.

RickRS

New elf
This will all be with regular LEDs strands. Plans for this year as first timer is to create about 6 trees ~ meter and a half tall (5 feet), with one strand lights, and two 3.2 meter (10 feet) or taller trees with 16 strands of lights each for DIY props. The two 3.2 meter trees will run off one of the 16 channel controller so I can do a rotating effect and the 1.5 meter trees will be each be on a channel by themselves for off/on, fades, and twinkles. The remaining 10 channels will control icicles lights on the roof and other yard and house lights that I always had.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hello and welcome!

Glad you came to pick up the manual. We're a very friendly bunch so don't worry about asking questions. There are a bunch of us from the USA and some of us also hang out in the chat room.

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Welcome! A lot of us run strictly pixel displays now, but many of us started with AC displays and some people still run hybrid displays with AC lights and individually addressable pixels, so you can probably find good help here, you just might have to wait for the right people to be around to get answers.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL! I started with LOR AC controllers close to 15 years ago. They are long gone now but were VERY reliable over the years. As others have mentioned everyone at ACL is friendly and eager to help. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Good luck with the display this year!