Another Hobby

firebug

Senior elf
Car racing is my other poison. Been drag racing for a few years now. I've been building a track car for the last 3 years so as to retire the daily driver from the drag strip. The new car will be a hill climb and mini sprint competitor. In saying that I've built it to be fun rather than competitive. 82 Gemini sedan with a VN supercharged V6 up front.

Every bloke needs a way to release the ratbag within... :D

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
greg58 said:
Great second hobby. Which mine were the photo's of?
State Mine in Lithgow, which closed down in the 1950's and was mostly torn down by the early 90's, same as the new images of the old Lithgow Power Station.

Next walk will be interesting - a walk down the train line at the Zig Zag railway :)

HydroWVU

New elf
My other hobby dovetails quite nicely with Christmas Lights. My son is into Robotics, and move up to from LEGO Mindstorm to VEX this year, however the VEX systems are a little pricey. So we decided to build our own robot using the Arduino micro controller. We got a single RGB node, and have been having loads of fun programming it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYPDhQPlkuY

I am going to try and build a RBG Sign for my Radio Station out of the Arduino and RGB diodes

John

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I reckon if you have time for another hobby then you dont have extreme CLAP, because if you had extreme CLAP then even currency is looked apon as bieng the value of lights ;) :D

caffeine

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
I reckon if you have time for another hobby then you dont have extreme CLAP, because if you had extreme CLAP then even currency is looked apon as bieng the value of lights ;) :D

But my hobby (Poker) funds my CLAP.... so I'm stuck!

Habbosrus

Back again
Well, I'm still looking for work through the day and tryin to feed the family by night. A couple from the past few days. Flatty's are 81cm, 77cm, 76cm, 60cm and some under 50cm that didn't make the photo files.
And yes, I think I do have extreme CLAP because I would swap these for more lights, controllers, etc.... Haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 10

Habbosrus

Back again
It doesn't matter what we call them, they are great fun to catch and my family loves eating them. I've called them everything - Flatty, Lizard, Frog, Croc, Ya' bastard (that's when they get away) & some other colourful names! Guess where I'm headed this evening???

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Fishing for me this time of year is slightly different....
1. Cut hole in ICE... ;)
2. Place hut over hole in ice.
3. Start propane heater and setup reclining chair :D
4. Crack open a brew and relax, listen to hockey on radio (no need for cooler :D )
5. Maybe toss a line, maybe not... ::)
Smelt is fish of choice, small but tasty! Usually get a few dozen every trip.