Another win

prof

Apprentice elf
When I got home from work this evening I had a message on my answering machine, that I had won the christmas lights competition being run by our local radio station. And this evening there were cars everywhere with people coming to look at the lights. It completely blew me away. Although it is only a relatively small display it was the leaping arches that seemed to grab everyones attention. I have 3 arches each with a string of 50 of the 6803 nodes. I will have to borrow a video camera and post some fottage.

prof

Apprentice elf
RGB Leaping Arch Demo
Here is a quick video montage of some of the RGB chases etc that I sequenced. Do not have a real video camera (just a basic point and click digital). The sequencing was done in Vixen 2.1.3.0.

prof

Apprentice elf
artzy said:
Great work Prof, did the sequencing of the nodes take much time in Vixen?

It is a two step process. I initially do the arch sequencing in white (RGB handled together). This is the easy bit as you are just basically scaling up from 8 - 16 channels to 50.

Then I create a coloured overlay that I Boolean AND paste over the top of the chase sequence.

The real time consuming part is the creation of the colour overlay, as vixen does not have any inbuilt effects other than the basic RGB tool so the colour transitions need to be assembled manually.

The one condition for boolean paste is that one of the sections (either the chase or the colour overlay - does not matter which) can only have colour intensities of 0 or 100%.