Any alternative to Ray Wu?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
My experience with Ray has been all good. Don't mind the odd mistake if it gets rectified. Have had several orders with Ray and had only two hiccups - one was a power supply left out of an order and that was corrected quickly in my next order. The other was some plastic screw connectors left out of another order and after a quick email, the connectors were on there way.
Just noticed tonight another order of 2 x RGB strings that included a free short string of ten lights presumably for use as spare replacement bulbs if required which I thought was pretty good service to be honest.

joeengler

Apprentice elf
I have had several order (I think 6 or 7) from Ray and he has always been very responsive and quick with shipping. I only had a small problem with one order, I had ordered 200 4-pin connecters and found that some o-rings were missing. He was very quick with options, he would send them right out or wait until my next order and he would give a little extra discount. Since I was order more then I real needed I waited.

I did send him a email with a quote request on Thursday and already have it back.
One thing for sure just because I have had real good luck with him does not mean someone else's opinion will not be bad. I have weighed the savings of bringing the items in from China direct over the face to face you get at your local stores.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What people must realize is that in China they have a different expectation and way to deal with, Ray has come to know the community and what its requirements are and because dealing with vendors in China can be a hit and miss and ive seen many times in the past where someone has decided to use a different vendor to save a few bucks to then end up either getting a lower quality product or being asked for more money for shipping.
The reason why Ray is used so extensively in the hobby is because he has been with us since the beginning of the RGB craze and has proven himself to be a reliable vendor with some good quality products who will try to fix any order issues. Now thats not bad for a Chinese vendor selling RGB lights at the price he does.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
I myself have only had a few orders completed with Ray, however, he has always helped me out, especially when i change my mind or misread some details on the product and required a new PI raised for me.

I know this doesnt help you Mike, Im guessing that sometimes the lines of communication from Ray to the manufacturer must have some issues.

We all know that alot of the stuff Ray sends us is pretty close to what we have asked for (lengths of joining wires etc) however, as you say, 3 seperate orders for the same items and 3 different products.

I hope Ray is working with you to correct this, im sure he will be. But as you and I both know, as Eddy has mentioned just above this. People have tried others but the quality or accuracy is far less then one we have pretty much all trialled and trusted now.

Perhaps Ray will start making internal changes and fix communication issues with the manufacturer for future orders.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Agree with fasteddys comments whole heartedly. When I was starting out with lights from China and before I discovered that the community here uses Ray, I made two orders from two other vendors and both were a disaster. Both lots of lights I received were nothing like what I ordered and the vendors were totally misleading about what they could supply.
Different experience with Ray completely - have always received what I ordered and in a timely manner considering I am on the opposite side of the globe. If an order is a little slow to get here, I don't mind so long as the order is correct ;-)