Anybody have a spare CCR ribbon?

Discussion in 'Cosmic Colour Ribbon, Bulbs, Floods, PixCon, Pixie' started by john_s_sub, Dec 22, 2014.

1. john_s_sub

john_s_sub Apprentice Elf

Hi all,

22 days into display and 1 spare ccr down. Now I had another half strip problem pop up tonight. The dreaded white light that doesn't disappear. I don't have another spare and the other one is weeks away with LOR.

Just after a ccr strip to purchase, can buy controller with it also. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

The original CCR strips are 6803 based, but with a different colour order to the Ray Wu units.

I might have one or two at work, but that doesn't really help you right now I guess.

3. OP
    OP
    john_s_sub

john_s_sub Apprentice Elf

So there is some correlation between ray wu's strips and LOR? Always wondered that.

4. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

The LOR CCR strips use the 6803 chip. Ray Wu also sells a 6803 based strip, but the colour order may be different.

I connected a Ray Wu strip to a LOR controller a few years ago to prove that they were compatible.

5. bluzervic

bluzervic 65,768 Channels, 185 Universes

Find Me On:
    I had one do the white light at the end of the strip...I climbed up and pressed it and it started working... let go and it went back to white...

I then Tie wrapped it and boom... the strip is good for the remaining show.... It will get replaced next year.

-Blu

6. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    These are also very easy to cutout and remove the damaged section and resolder