anyone familiar with this supplier

arw01

Full time elf
poking around thanks to the links in the dmx controller posts and found the made in china site. I'm considering a bunch more flex ribbon this year and this one caught my eye. Sent an inquiry off to them for the technical details to see if it is even what the picture indicated.

http://xinxingwanglighting.en.made-in-china.com/product/mSBnfNqobthW/China-3528-RGB-Chasing-LED-Flex-Strip-Light.html

substantially less money than typical, but claims to be cutable every 3 leds, the photo shows them individually lit, and they claim a full IP68 version.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The LED strips that use 3528 LEDs are not usually RGB in the way you might expect. The ones I've seen have separate red, green and blue LEDs. This means you can't colour mix with them as the LEDs are physically too far apart.

By contrast, the strips with the 5050 style LEDs usually have the red, green and blue parts packed into a single LED casing. This close proximity means they do a pretty good job of colour mixing even when you're looking right at them.