Anyone used artifial Christmas trees?

talk2coxie

Full time elf

jimcllc

Apprentice elf
Have used the same 6 six foot trees for 4 years now and still look fine. Little fading not much. I zip tie them to a piece of rebar. I like the look they give during the day. You can always spray paint them green to spruce them up (pun intended )

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I have used white ones in the front yard and run dumb pixels up the centre of them to give a glow type of effect. Did have green ones last year but they didn't have as good effect as the white ones - Got the white ones from Coles for $40 each.

The green ones didnt fade and I hope the white ones do as they had a tinge of purple to them

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I have a white one that I put a string of blue lights on and have used for the last three years with no problem. While it is probably the decoration I spent the least time on ( compared to building candy canes, stars, bells etc) it is the most common decoration that people stand next to for photographs. Even had a thank you card left in the mail box for doing the Christmas lights and the person said the Christmas tree was their favorite. So go figure.

talk2coxie

Full time elf

grahami2006

Full time elf
talk2coxie said:
Strolled into BIG W today only to find these artificial trees on sale for $6.75 each!!!!

Crazy prices, I'm still not too sure the effect will suit my display but for such a low price I bought 4 in case they do look good. I still am impressed to get change from $30.00

Pity you will have to wait 11 months to see what they look like :)
http://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/trees/bpnBIGW_0000000317769/183cm-albany-pine-tree-tree-no-3
Hate to brag but early last week got 11 from Reject Shop for $4 each. Will be using them for mini trees this year with lots of lights.

kel

Dedicated elf
We have used artificial trees (1.2m) outside for the past four seasons. Admittedly, they have faded slightly and do have a little bit of rust. However, in general, they are quite robust ... even the five on the roof ::)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
After this season I noticed the white is discolouring a bit but this is only noticeable during the day. Still looks great at night with the lights on.