Arlec Window Projector Kit at Bunnings (and alternatives)

Goliath

Full time elf
I bought one in November. Pretty sure we paid more than $99. The flexible tripod is not worth two nobs of goat droppings. The mount for the tripod is not a standard camera mount, so be prepared to do some mods to fit a standard camera tripod (1/4 unc = standard camera mount nut, 10 cents from Bunnings). The scenes/videos that come with it are fairly basic, but ok. It played several .mp4 movies we had without problem off a USB drive. Built in sound is a bit low, we plugged in some computer speakers which were a little better.

Goliath

Full time elf
It was originally $149. What is the resolution and brightness of the projected image like?
Not sure I could give a fair description. We only set it up in the side yard, where it was getting some overflow competition from the pixels on the roof, and with a homemade screen, rather than the one that came with the kit.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Brightness: 150 lux
Contrast: 500:1
Native Resolution: 153600 (RGB) Pixel - whatever the heck that means
Projection distance: 1 - 3.3 m
projection size: 30" - 100"

if you want to preview some of the scenes

If you can buy for < $50 might be worth it, but don't expect it to do a large window. I couldn't even see the image from outside thru my white plastic tablecloth I do virtual Santa with. Will probably be OK for my haunted manor door projection thru light grey tulle.

gmoolenaar

New elf
Just picked up one for $60 from bunnings
Resolution 1920 x 1080
Brightness ok but for 60 its spot on