Arlec Window Projector Kit at Bunnings (and alternatives)

gmoolenaar

New elf
I was looking for a projector screen last night and checked the http://WISH.com app. For $15 delivered, it included the screen and a projector. Not expecting much, but for the $$$ thought I would give it a crack as well. It probably wont arrive till FEB, but when it does, I can let you know.

https://www.wish.com/c/5a37c5b4d9c3326eca7c1400

It says $7 AUD now instead of the $9 I paid last night....feeling ripped. :)
The price you pay will go up, once you add the projector screen.

gmoolenaar

New elf
ignore my post about Wish. I got rolled during the purchase. They wrapped up the projector with the screen in the drop down box, so I ordered the screen only for $14. Still its the same price as aliexpress.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
So an update based on my shopping experience at Springvale VIC store.
The product is located with the clearance stuff, which was in middle of store in front of Special Orders desk. At this store they have manually marked the price down to $60. It still scans at the register as $99, but needs to be manually overridden.
Based on feedback in chat today, not all stores are marking down in store yet... so good luck :)
View media item 509

drakky

Senior elf
That shouldn't be too difficult technically. Maybe an Arduino Nano would do the job at minimal cost.
that would be perfect David,I'd pay for that, where I need to put it is in the roof in a small gable window it needs to be able to autoplay and loop remotley on power on

Last edited:

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
We've been talking in chat and it seems that the key presses to select the files is convoluted so probably not viable.

There's also been discussion on the Excelvan projectors that seems to be better resolution and brighter than the Arlec for less money!

drakky

Senior elf
We've been talking in chat and it seems that the key presses to select the files is convoluted so probably not viable.

There's also been discussion on the Excelvan projectors that seems to be better resolution and brighter than the Arlec for less money!
Bugger! ok which Excelvan projector? looks like heaps of different models on ebay and how do we make this work? short of spending $1000's I did look at a dell projector that looked like it would have work straight out of the box this way but it was way out of a reasonable price range