Arrow.com Power Supplies

Noel Richards

Full time elf
I assume these are much better quality than the Chinese ones? Have you had issues with the Chinese ones?

Only thing possibly is my system was running 3 and sometimes when it turned on my RCD tripped, have heard that they can spike, I do have a lot of standard lights as well so could have just been freak thing.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Turning on lots of power supplies at the same time (particularly on the same circuit as other devices in your home) may result in trips. Best to try and stagger the PSUs power on/off cycles where possible. I have my show powered from 2 separate circuits of my house (left and right) and both sides use AC timers set a couple of mins apart so there is not a sudden spike.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have 8 Mean Well (200W - 320W SP series) power supplies that turn on at the same time via DMX relays and no issues. Cheaper power supplies (Mean Well or otherwise) often have a higher inrush, so may cause issues especially if sharing a breaker with other house circuits.

Noel Richards

Full time elf
Turning on lots of power supplies at the same time (particularly on the same circuit as other devices in your home) may result in trips. Best to try and stagger the PSUs power on/off cycles where possible. I have my show powered from 2 separate circuits of my house (left and right) and both sides use AC timers set a couple of mins apart so there is not a sudden spike.

I had 2 special circuits with RCD and timers installed so only lights are on these.

That's why I was looking at mean wells as they don't peak like Chinese 1's.

paullyxmas76

Full time elf
I had 2 special circuits with RCD and timers installed so only lights are on these.

That's why I was looking at mean wells as they don't peak like Chinese 1's.
Have Brand New Genuine Meanwells LRS 350-12V 29Amps for sale Noel if you are interested...post is in the members trading area...been using these particular supplies for my show for the past 3 years with no failures or issues...