Attaching lights to tiled roof

matt_65

New elf
I am outlining my roof with mini lights and wanted to know how others affixed their lights to roofs.

I will be running along the top ridge line, and down the sides.

We have concrete tiles.

Thanks,

Matt

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
All my strip for the roof is attached too cable tie mounts. After you clean the tile attach it with some silicone then you can mount to them.

IMG_0134%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

IMG_0137%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
ѕυρєямαη said:
All my strip for the roof is attached too cable tie mounts. After you clean the tile attach it with some silicone then you can mount to them.

Steve put me onto these, and I can tell you they are simple to use and quite effective.

Superman

Global moderator
Is it a bad thing that since that photo was taken I have had my roof re-sprayed Black to blend in with the Christmas attachments?

matt_65

New elf
They look interesting. Are these the ones you are talking about?
http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p/cable-tie-mounts/0219875/?origin=PSF_412529|alt
[/size]
[/size]What sort of spacing do you use?

Superman

Global moderator
Yes that is them. I think I got them off eBay by the Hundreds for cheaper then RS components. I have them installed every 5 ridge caps so all up I only needed 30

matt_65

New elf
Just got a 100 of the suckers from eBay for $9 and cable ties for $1.

Be too late for this weekend but will install them after I have put up the lights.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Matt

ShellNZ

Senior elf
SM put me onto these as well and they are awesome. I didnt use silicon underneath them and they are still stuck there, very solidly, gotta pry them off with a knife lol :) I have the bigger white ones and smaller black ones, the larger ones are much better.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Matt said:
ѕυρєямαη said:

Steve put me onto these, and I can tell you they are simple to use and quite effective.

I put steve onto these, mine have been up there going on 4 years now, they work real well for the roof line