Aussie LOR Users: Who Is Who

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hi Everybody,

I thought with more and more people coming over from Aussie LOR central (the google group), it would be a good time to remeet here. Have you registered using the same name? If not, who are you??

For me, I was marquisite on the old site, and now ryanschristmaslights :)

This year I'm using 4x CTB16PC and 4x CMB16D-QC boards for a total of 128 channels.

Robbo

Full time elf
I'm Robbo...on both sites :)

I bought m first 3 AC boards CTB16D almost 2 years ago, but I didn't use them last year as I lost motivation and then didn't get everything I wanted for what I had planned so just went static, but soon realised what a pain it was running around pressing controller buttons to try and get some sort of consistency between all the lights. So this year I used 20 of the 48 channels I had available for a simple show and now looking at expanding from this year on as people hear of my display and return year after year.....even if it weren't for them just friends and family alone are putting the pressure on to keep going each year LOL

Robbo-Tyabb-Vic

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Hey Guys,

My name is Christmas in the Shire. As you can guess I live in the Sutherland Shire in NSW. Have been building displays for years and this year is my 2nd LOR year. I have 48 channels. I'm known as Christmas in the Shire on both sites.

Cheers

Christmas in the Shire

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well this is my first year doing a LOR display i have 32 channels and running AC boards and have mostly mytbrite lights in my display. i have just ordered another controller for next years display

my wife says Christams in the shire has alot to answer for. this is a awsome hobby that is all i can say and has also brought us new freinds

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all the members of the LOR google group from the ACL forum team. I hope the forum will be informative and helpful to all those lighting hobbiest, be it in Australia or anywhere else in the world.
So enjoy and we wish everyone the best of Christmas and a Happy new year

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Hi
Formerly known as Geoff-Brisbane on the Google group. I've been a LOR user for about 6 years, firstly with AC boards, but now increasingly with DC boards.

In all my previous years displays, I have used an animation sequence with background music playing. Finally this year I have achieved my next goal - sequences which are truly synchronized. It's been a real slog for someone who had a mental block in this area, but I am very pleased with the results this year. I will post videos as soon as I manage to record and find out how to upload.

Shane

New elf
Hi, I am Shane and we reside in Camden - NSW.

This is our second year using the LOR equipment to sequence our display. My intention is to have all DC lights.
We have 7 DC boards running around 100 channels, we did purchase some additional DC boards during the sale for next year.
We currently run an animation and have yet to move into a full music sequence.

Shane - Camden

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm AAH here and on aussie LOR user group. This is my third year. At this stage I have 7 of my 8 AC controllers in use with lights synched up on about 75 of those channels. Hoping to add about 64-128 extra channel for 2011. I'll probably stick with AC as I like using the setup I'm currently using. Seen some great videos around lately so I've started the planning on what to do with the extra channels already.

Alan/AAH
Eaglehawk, Victoria,Australia (there seem to be a fair few Aussie users in the US/Europe)

kel

Dedicated elf
Hi all :) , it is kel, here, from the Aussie LOR user google group ... my 1st year ... and wow, my display looks fab (from my point of view) ... except that I have really limited abilities re cameras + other stuff ... oh, well!

Damien

Making Christmas Light Motifs is FUN!!!!
Community project designer
Happy New Year all - it's Damien here, also from the LOR usergroup. Our display is based in Gympie, Qld, however we had a break in 2010 as we moved house (7 days before lights on!). Planning a bigger and better display at our new place (again in Gympie) for 2011. Commenced using LOR 6 years ago using AC boards, then converted to DC boards.

It's been great to have a chance to get online (and out and about) to see what others are doing - certainly some wonderful displays! Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning with you all in 2011. ;)

geoff

New elf
happy new year!!

im geoff from greenpoint however i think in this forum it only comes up a geoff(i will have to change that)

havent been on the forums much for the last couple of years as my display is kept the same only the music etc changed.

however CCR is looking tempting at the sale later in the year.

Robbo

Full time elf
geoff said:
happy new year!!

im geoff from greenpoint however i think in this forum it only comes up a geoff(i will have to change that)

havent been on the forums much for the last couple of years as my display is kept the same only the music etc changed.

however CCR is looking tempting at the sale later in the year.

Geoff you could always just change your profile location and it will come up under your avatar ;-), re CCR's what do they drop to in a sale? Ray Wu's site has similar strips for around USD $69.47 plus shipping, a few people have used them this year and early reports are pretty good....

Pakylights

New elf
441 Tarrington Strathkeller Road Hamilton Victoria
Hi all,

I am pakylights and was robertjb on google groups. I have been using LOR for about 4 years now with the exception of last xmas as I didnt have the chance to put up my lights as I built a home and moved to Pakenham Vic. I am trying to get the house and yard in order so that I can decide on how my display will look. At this moment I am using 4 AC controllers giving me 64 channels and I also purchased 3 DC controllers which I need to buy DC light strings for. They may or may not be heere for this years display..if I am able to get it up and running in time.

I have read a few of the posts on here and have found them to be very interesting and have answered a few questions I had in the back of my mind.

Hope to catch up with as many of you as possible over the next couple of months.

Bob (aka pakylights)

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi everyone

I was just wondering if any of the LOR users have done any work with the CC R's on LS2.

I know they have a new version coming out soon, which should make thing a bit easier to get the same affects as the super star sequencer which was used before LOR brought it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Hopefully get my first display up this year.
Christamas always seemed to come around quickly
I guess this year it will be even quicker :D

Cheers
Jerome

neilteo

New elf
Hi All,
I am a newby to all this and bought 4x CTB16PC between two houses (yep my neighbour and I have combined forces. Not many channels first go but should be "different" anyway.
I am not on the google site, only here. Got to say this website is quite cool.
I have just about finish 5 sequences (what a slog) and am wondering if you guys "share" you sequences or do you say "mine all mine"
Just wondering what the protocol is amongst you all
neilteo