Brisbane/Qld Australian Brisbane Mini 2011

joekin

Apprentice elf
Re: Brisbane Mini Interest

I too would be interested in a Brisbane Mini. As I live in Ipswich any location would be good for me as it is central to all locations suggested.

Joe

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights

I'm interested also and will be looking forward to meeting others with a similar passion.
I'm in Brisbane south west, so anywhere mentioned should suit.

Regards Geoff

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator

Be great to see this go ahead in 2011, co-ordinating dates will be the hard bit.

If it is possible we will come up for it.

Phil

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf

We might have to wait until the current flood problems are under control and things return to normal.

The AVD workshop is not really suitable, as I have no large spaces for meetings / demos.

Maybe there's a "hard core" ACL member that has a suitable home / work space?

kel

Dedicated elf

I would, except that I do not live in Qld ... however, you are all most welcome here!

Ok, from us/me, I suggest Geoff's place at Sinnamon off the Centenury H'way (subject to post flood conditions) ... sometime after the Melb one (sooner rather than later as memories fade ... like 1 or 2 wks) on a Saturday + we will bring prime steaks for a bbq (and I really mean that ... we can kill a beast and deliver it) ... you guys supply the bread and salads ... Geoff knows lots ... re LOR, sequencing and DC stuff ... DA will probably do whatever he does, X is cool, the other X can show us lots of alternatives ...

We would rather it be two days ... but one is ok ... will travel on and stay Fri ... will be ready to start early Sat morning :)

kel

Dedicated elf

Could we pls set a date for the mini?

PS
Sorry to confess, Steve, we have always barracked for Qld ... 'cos it represents country NSW and the 'stuff' that was done to us as well (even though my first cuz is Arthur Summons ... lol)

Willie Moore aka Billie played here in Tenterfield ... :)

Brownie

I am new here

I would be a definite for a Brisbane Mini.

As nothing has been set in stone yet I was actually thinking of attending the Melbourne Mini pending futher investigation into cost of flights and accommodation.

Ben

Eric outback NT

Living the fast life

OK the perfect date for me is now Sunday 31/July or 6/august as I will in Brisbane for more exams between the 1st and the 5Th I will fly in sat the 30Th / July and fly back the sun 7Th /august

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf

Just checked and the annual pinball & arcade meet is on the weekend of July 30th, so that means I can't go that weekend.

Sorry, pinball and arcade machines win over lights for me. :D

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator

What could you possibly bring to the group anyway..

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator

Saturday the 6th of August looks like it could be a go. Like a great Used Car Salesman told me once." Sign up here and we'll discus the details later. Maybe David will even come.