Brisbane/Qld Australian Brisbane Mini 2011

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have some bad news. Steve is in hospital. Silly boy fell off his roof. :eek:

Ronnie (his wife) said he has a smashed ankle and a (minor) head injury. He has to have surgery on the ankle, so will be in hospital until at least Thursday.

Not sure if he'll make it to the mini. If he does, it will be in a wheelchair. No phone and no laptop will be more painful for him at present. :p

Well, the show must go on and the meet is still going ahead. Ronnie and her friend will be organising the cooking and the rest of us will take up the slack.

I'll advise again once I hear more from Ronnie (or Steve). I have passed on well wishes from the group. :)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Please tell him I wish him a speedy recovery, and for Ronnie to smack him up the back of the head for being so careless.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Wishing Steve a smooth and quick recovery, was wondering why he wasn't on this morning. Glad it didn't end up being any more serious than it was. Knowing Steve he will still be at the mini.
He did choose a good time to fall off the roof, normally falling off roofs is saved for November to January

kel

Dedicated elf
I cannot help wondering why Steve (with or without safety gear) was up on the roof at this time of year ???

All the best Steve
14.gif

Brownie

I am new here
Steve,

I'm sure there was an easier way if you wanted to get out of work so you can stay home and do sequencing. :)

Get well soon and hope to still see you at the mini.

Ben

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Steve said:
Well. If having a roof over your head is more important then Christmas Lighting, so be it. :D If you get the chance to just pop your head in a say hello your still most welcome.
buy saying a roof over your head is better than xmas lights, does'nt give you the rights to fall off your roof.
good health be on your way an have a speedy recovery.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
If anyone has a DR4 or PIXAD8 that they'd like help configuring or updating, please bring it along to the Brisbane mini and I'll help you out.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Xccentric said:
Car packed and ready to go... I am feeling a restless sleep coming on...

Great to hear I'm not the only one having a restless sleep tonight....Enjoy.. Very,very sad I won't be there. Enjoy