Brisbane/Qld Australian Brisbane Mini 2011

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Sounds like a greatly successful mini for you all, and a few new members because of the mini's in various stated this year, so that is a big plus.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Thanks for all the great demonstrations. I was very impressed with all the different info, that much so I could hardly sleep as I thought I knew what I was doing for my display this year. But now??

Special Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would like to thank everyone that attended the Brisbane mini, it was a very successful first time mini even though our main organiser (Steve aka superman :D ) decided to fall off a roof and smash his head and leg and end up in hospital for the past week. It was a true shame that you weren't there and you were greatly missed. But i do believe Steve is now in major debt to his lovely wife Ronnie as the work she did in taking up the void was amazing. Buddy your are really going to have to give here many back rubs to pay her back ;) . I would also like to thank David AVD for also his massive contribution in the absence of Steve and for also setting up the power distribution for the day. And of coarse i want to thank the presenters, everyone who helped on the day and those that attended, the day wouldn't have been the success it was without you all. :D

The highlight for me was definitely Xccentrric and his team and what they have been doing quietly in the background, it was truly a highlight to see how they put together such a amazing display (we want videos ;) ), these guys created their own hardware, lights, e1.31 DMX bridges and software. The software was amazing and was true object based sequencing with edits on the fly and a 3D visualizer which allowed you to move around anywhere within your virtual display and see how your display looks while running. A true amazing feat and the concepts that Matt has developed can really push sequencing to new heights in the future. I hope we do see a video of this great work posted here soon.

I also finally got to put faces to all those that attended and it was a pleasure to meet and talk to you all, unfortunately as in the Sydney mini there just doesn't seem to be enough time to talk to everyone or to look at everyones creations in great detail and next years format may have to be looked into to allow more time to have a chat and a look, mmmm maybe 2 days next year.

And finally i want to thank Eric for providing the airline tickets for me from Sydney and for Steve providing the accommodation and having his wife pick me up from the airport, I'm truly in your debt.

Xccentric

New elf
Hey guys.

Thanks for the day... Lots of fun. Meet new people and made new friends.
Loved the food and the people. Thanks too all who gave in any way, and even the the people who turned up.
It just reminds me that we can learn from one another so much.

Attachments

• Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0101.JPG
    Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0101.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0112.JPG
    Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0112.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0113.JPG
    Xccentric Brisbane Mini 2011 IMG_0113.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 0

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
A top day I reckon. Was great to meet a heap of ACL members. I think I met most people. :)

My apologies if I don't remember you all by name next time. I'm not great with names and faces. :-[

I do wish that there had been more time to chat. The day went so fast. :eek:

miked

New elf
Finally registered. I'm the ? Matthew in the pic and Mick / Mike, either will do. Was a great day on Saturday at the Mini and thanks to all who organised and presented. Have been doing lights for a number of years now - static and not a big display. Bought first 16 channel DC board last year and sequenced a few lights. The Mini left the head spinning a bit with what's out there and what can be done - lots of info. So it's onwards and upwards from here. May require some budget modifications though!!

speedy1

New elf
Thanks Steve, Ronnie and Fasteddy for all the work with the Mini. I was green regarding RBG's pixels and now know what I can do. Just need to push that budget a little! My Son Bradley also enjoyed the day and I'm sure will become a real pro with LSP, which I have already purchased.
Also, thanks, Eric outback NT for his help and for these RJ45 male and female connectors. They will be come is very handy for my new RGB pixel display this year.
Now, Time to buy a PIXAD8 and RGB Pixels, before the Aussie Dollar drops anymore!

Bye for now.

kel

Dedicated elf
Sorry Mike, it was Tony's fault ... he saw 'm' and equated it to matt rather than mike ... but he is sure of your last name and was very pleased to have caught up :D