Sydney/NSW Australian Sydney Mini 2011

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Sydney Mini Interest

Now that the Melbourne Mini is finished its time to focus on the Sydney Mini.

I would like input into what you guys may want to discuss or be shown as its time to start preparing the presentations and time line. I plan on using my RGB and E1.31 presentations but hopefully ill be able to expand on both of those so its not all the same as the melbourne mini

So guys throw in your input and put your name down as an attendee or even a presenter. We would also love to see some of the stuff you have built or are building

kool-lites

Full time elf

Last year we all chipped in and Dave's wonderful wife sort out a great lunch. Unless there is any objections I think we should do the same again this year. If nothing else, it will more BlinkyFlashy time.
I will bring good Coffee and bickies.

Just a thought, is there any need to cover basic introductory stuff like Renard/DMX/E1.31 Protocols?
Don't forget to bring some display items to show off.

Without your input, we won't know what needs to be covered.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

I'll be there, with one extra as my Son wants to come down as well.

kool-lites

Full time elf

lithgowlights said:
I'll be there, with one extra as my Son wants to come down as well.

Mate,
Long time no elephant.
BTW I should be heading to your neck of the woods soon. I'll be in touch.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

kool-lites said:
Mate,
Long time no elephant.
BTW I should be heading to your neck of the woods soon. I'll be in touch.

Sounds great. I'll be about till mid next week before returning to work. Have to clean the van up and then hook into building a few things for the display and for the Mini next month :)

talk2coxie

Full time elf

I should be good to go guys. Count me in. Gunna need as much help as possible to get something lit up this year.

kool-lites

Full time elf

last year we asked ppl to prepare a short 30minhte talk on topics. 15 min Q&A followed. so if you would like to present a topic like for example making fibre glass balls (wink wink colin) plan arround that sort of time scale. trust me, if it is a topic you are passionate about, the 30 min will fly.
we will have a data projector and screen available.

it would also be good to know from those attending any particular topics we can cover, with sufficent time wemay be able to fly subject matter experts in just for the occassion. (we wish!)
Matthew

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

OK guys this will be the final call on what you guys want to learn/see at the Sydney mini as i will start to put together the time line for the day and hopefully have it posted next week.

Currently i have a E1.31 and a RGB introduction presentation prepared and i will do a demo of LSP, hopefully ill get permission to show LSP V2 if its not released.

LithgowLights will do a presentation on his coloured balls (get you mind out of the gutter)

What i may also do is bring some remainder strobe boards and some odd bits left with me and my soldering hot airgun station to show some SMD soldering in action if people are interested in that and maybe also a quick demo on updating firmware on a pic, just a few ideas anyway but it would be better if we got some ideas form you guys attending and even better if we can get 1 or 2 of you guys to participate and do a presentation.

So please give feedback and also if your not in the list of attendees and you would like to come plese confirm your intentions so proper arrangements can be done like food and such (there will be a $10 to $15 cover fee for supplying food, drinks, coffee and tea)

The day is a great day and well worth just to come and meet and greet in face some of the names that you have come to know

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

Eddy, I'd also like programming of things other than the Pics used in the Renards like the AT Tiny/Mega's etc as thats one chip I have never managed to program successfully.

kool-lites

Full time elf

NOW that is something I can do!
All open source ATTiny and ATMega designs I am aware of only requires a hex file to be dropped into the uC.
Is that all you want covered?

Hey we could do some SPIN too if PPL want, I am building some of the PropControllers.
Edit - 24th June - dependiong on the planetary alignment, I should also have a couple of RPM's latest creations to Show Off.
aka E1.31 (sACN) to DMX Bridge
attachment.php

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Sydney Mini Initial Agenda

Guys,

I have created an initial agenda for the Sydney mini, I have left 2 slots opened for input from others on what they may want to see or talk about. So please input would be nice

This is a draft agenda and may be subject to change

2011%20Sydney%20Mini%20Agenda%20V1.JPG

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

I was just wondering why the LOR software doesn't get a demo during the mini's. From what I've seen and used it is very capable and I actually prefer it to LSP and Vixen from the short play I've had with both of them. A lot of users will start with and possibly use LOR software forever but it seems to be persona non grata at the minis.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

AAH said:
I was just wondering why the LOR software doesn't get a demo during the mini's. From what I've seen and used it is very capable and I actually prefer it to LSP and Vixen from the short play I've had with both of them. A lot of users will start with and possibly use LOR software forever but it seems to be persona non grata at the minis.

I think part of the reasons for this is due to LOR requires LOR hardware and as such anyone who has LOR is already using the LOR software package so there may not be anything new there. In saying that i have no issue if someone want to use one of the free slots to demo the LOR software, its been a while since I used it and i would be interested in how it is nowdays.
In the end its the communities mini and without feedback and volunteers we can only show what we have experience in.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

An update

I have been given permission to show LSP V2 at the mini if its not released to the public, I will also have 1 copy of LSP as a door prize.

I will see if i can conjure up any other door prizes for the day