Automatic Volume controls in xSchedule

Giles1

Giles
Generous elf
In “xSchedule” there is a volume shown as a percentage (%) on the top ribbon. I’ve never used it, as I just set the volume from the computer, so I'm not sure what its purpose is?

I run my show from 7:00 – 11:00 each night (It’s not really dark until after 7:00pm here). First off in the evening, I don’t mind the music being easily heard, but as it gets later, it would be nice if the volume could be lowered at pre-set times so I don't upset the neighbours.

Is this something that could maybe be added to “xSchedule”, in upcoming releases?

Ruskin

New elf
While you're waiting for them to update xSchedule to add this feature, you could write a quick script to do this yourself and add that to your Windows scheduler to start before your show begins (before 7pm).
Just make sure xSchedule is running before you run the script (and to find the correct "URL" to use, you'll need to choose Tools - Web Interface from xSchedule).
Then something like the following (saved as a "VBS" script) should work fine;
dim lastvol : lastvol = 0 while hour(now) < 23 if hour(now) <= 19 and lastvol <> 100 then lastvol = SetVolume(100) if hour(now) = 20 and lastvol <> 90 then lastvol = SetVolume(90) if hour(now) = 21 and lastvol <> 80 then lastvol = SetVolume(80) if hour(now) >= 22 and lastvol <> 70 then lastvol = SetVolume(70) wscript.sleep(2000) wend function SetVolume(byval vol) SetVolume = vol dim url : url = "http://127.0.0.1:8080/xScheduleCommand?Command=Set volume to&Parameters=" & vol dim oXMLHTTP: Set oXMLHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.6.0") call oXMLHTTP.open("GET", url, false) call oXMLHTTP.send set oXMLHTTP = nothing end function

paullyxmas76

Full time elf
I use this software when running xschedule...Volume2...just choose the main output devices volume (or Windows default) as the device you want to control...I use the soundblaster play 3 USB stick for my output which gets adjusted at 8:30pm to 40% from 70%...does the job for me...link below for free download or other places you can find...

Volume2 Software

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Just create a second playlist with a single step which sets the volume to the desired level and schedule it to run with a higher priority than you playlist at the desired time. Done.

Ruskin

New elf
Just create a second playlist with a single step which sets the volume to the desired level and schedule it to run with a higher priority than you playlist at the desired time. Done.

Wouldn't that stop the current playlist from playing?