Basic on/off and Fade Settings

Discussion in 'xLights (Nutcracker)' started by djohnson1810, Jan 26, 2015.

1. djohnson1810

djohnson1810 Apprentice Elf

I love what you have done with Nutcracker. The fact that you can do these complex patterns with little effort is awesome. Unless I am missing something however, I don't see the more basic on/off and fade up and down settings.

Coming from the LOR S3 world I like the new function that Nutcracker provides, but the fact remains that the foundation of any sequence is going to be the basic on/off and simple fades (in my opinion). Is this function available and I am just missing it?

What I did this year was to use Nutcracker to make a couple of complex effects and then just paste them into S3. I t would be great if I could do this all in Nutcracker. A one stop sequencer.

Great Work!

2. Gilrock

Gilrock Full Time Elf

Find Me On:
    There is an effect called "On" and another called "Off" and there are "Fade In" and "Fade Out" times you can specify for any effect. The downside with version 3 is that you needed to create a different model for every A/C strand if you wanted to turn them on and off or fade at different times but it was possible. We hope to have a better method before next season.

3. OP
    OP
    djohnson1810

Cool. I did not see that. I saw the video of the V4 alpha and it looks exciting. I hope to be able to use this exclusively.

4. smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

After the 4.0 release in the next 4-8 weeks, Dave Pitts has said he is going to release a grid editor. What he means by that is the traditional editing of data across all the channels. So if u have 200 ac channels and 2000 RGB channels, u can edit those 200 channels, create ramps, fades, set them on or off. Shimmer, twinkle them. In other words there will be a new editor screen that looks like vixen,lor. Probably will come out in April/may timeframe.

5. Andy2000

Andy2000 Apprentice Elf

If thats the case with fade up, fade down, twinkle etc it makes it a tough decision to head towards Light Show Pro as I was considering, unless Light Show Pro is a big step above what it can achieve now for the money

6. OP
    OP
    djohnson1810

That sounds great. That will be the best of both worlds. I am hoping to then output that to my new FPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. OP
    OP
    djohnson1810

Any updates on a grid editor. I need to get started. I always wait until the last minute and I am trying not to do that this year. :D

8. smeighan

smeighan Dedicated Elf

Grid editor will not be in 4.0(next few weeks), 4.1 (release ape/may). Target is jun/jul. If u need single ac channel stuff now, I would go lor,Hls or vixen.