Basic on/off and Fade Settings

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
I love what you have done with Nutcracker. The fact that you can do these complex patterns with little effort is awesome. Unless I am missing something however, I don't see the more basic on/off and fade up and down settings.

Coming from the LOR S3 world I like the new function that Nutcracker provides, but the fact remains that the foundation of any sequence is going to be the basic on/off and simple fades (in my opinion). Is this function available and I am just missing it?

What I did this year was to use Nutcracker to make a couple of complex effects and then just paste them into S3. I t would be great if I could do this all in Nutcracker. A one stop sequencer.

Great Work!

Gilrock

Full time elf
There is an effect called "On" and another called "Off" and there are "Fade In" and "Fade Out" times you can specify for any effect. The downside with version 3 is that you needed to create a different model for every A/C strand if you wanted to turn them on and off or fade at different times but it was possible. We hope to have a better method before next season.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Cool. I did not see that. I saw the video of the V4 alpha and it looks exciting. I hope to be able to use this exclusively.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
After the 4.0 release in the next 4-8 weeks, Dave Pitts has said he is going to release a grid editor. What he means by that is the traditional editing of data across all the channels. So if u have 200 ac channels and 2000 RGB channels, u can edit those 200 channels, create ramps, fades, set them on or off. Shimmer, twinkle them. In other words there will be a new editor screen that looks like vixen,lor. Probably will come out in April/may timeframe.

Andy2000

Apprentice elf
If thats the case with fade up, fade down, twinkle etc it makes it a tough decision to head towards Light Show Pro as I was considering, unless Light Show Pro is a big step above what it can achieve now for the money

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
That sounds great. That will be the best of both worlds. I am hoping to then output that to my new FPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
smeighan said:
After the 4.0 release in the next 4-8 weeks, Dave Pitts has said he is going to release a grid editor. What he means by that is the traditional editing of data across all the channels. So if u have 200 ac channels and 2000 RGB channels, u can edit those 200 channels, create ramps, fades, set them on or off. Shimmer, twinkle them. In other words there will be a new editor screen that looks like vixen,lor. Probably will come out in April/may timeframe.
Any updates on a grid editor. I need to get started. I always wait until the last minute and I am trying not to do that this year. :D

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Grid editor will not be in 4.0(next few weeks), 4.1 (release ape/may). Target is jun/jul. If u need single ac channel stuff now, I would go lor,Hls or vixen.