Bass/ treble timing marks

joanna.md83

New elf
Good Afternoon All,

I would like to ask how to set up timing marks that just measure the bass or treble marks.
Example; in a disco song like Bangarang, being able to have an effect to trigger off the bass beats and/or treble/kick/snare beats.

Thankyou

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
This might be time to experiment and share your findings!
At a semi-educated guess, I'd think Key Detecor: Tonic Pitch or Note Onset Detector: Note Onsets or maybe Polyphonc Transcription *MAY* be of use for what you're after.
Something to consider is that the sounds in that particular song sonically have both low end and high end in the same note, so the software may not distinguise between them.
Personally, I just use Bars & Beats and that's it, I want most of my timings on the beats, and most of the notes are.
You can always press T in a new timing track and place them where you want afterwards.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Additionally you could try changing the waveform to Bass Waveform (right click on the audio waveform in xLights) as this might help you hear the Bass better to do manual timings?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Additionally you could try changing the waveform to Bass Waveform (right click on the audio waveform in xLights) as this might help you hear the Bass better to do manual timings?
Visualise the bass better is probably a more accurate term.
The ability to filter the waveform is great for bass/treble/voice band for picking up the beats in a song and for lyric timing.