BeagleBone P10 Panels drop out

rustybiker69

New elf
I have a strange problem. When I started the show a week ago all working well, then just the other day the LED p10 Panel wasn't displaying. I am Running Rpi with FPP controlling a F16V3 for Pixels and the Beaglebone for the Panel.
Yesterday, I updated the BBB to 4.5 so is now the same version as the Rpi. Worked while testing, but as soon as my show started it wasn't working. After several restarts, re-plugging cat 5 it started to work again and worked fine for the last hour of my show.
Then tonight the same problem has happened. I have checked ethernet cables ( lights on the BB are flashing) and the rest of the show is working fine.

I noticed on the status page of the Rpi I have the message - " Cannot Ping e1.31 Channel Data target 192.168.1.102" which is the ip address for the BBB
I thought it may be the network switch, but the F16 is running through the same switch and this is working fine. I tried a different port on the switch and also tried a different cable still no joy Any ideas?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
You don't have another device in the house coming online randomly and using that IP address creating an IP conflict?

rustybiker69

New elf
I bought Cat5 cables new for this purpose. the BBB is on 192.168.1.102 while the f16 is on 192.168.1.101 and the rpi on 192.168.1.100. the wifi of the pi connects to the home network which is 192.168.0.x.
I have decided to factory reset the BBB and re set up to see if that fixes things

gerry

Senior elf
There was a post on the xlights fb group, (Tom Smalling) " If you are running fpp as a master an on the latest. Go uncheck all the monitors in the outputs page and restart fppd now". But this was to overcome lagging on the remotes that have been reported.
Also - do you have the "Enable E1.31 /Artnet/DDP output" (on the BBB) ticked ? If so , try unticking.