Bendigo lighting comp

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
At least 2 fellow ACL members are competing in the Bendigo Advertiser lighting comp drawn later this week.
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1188871/vote-now-2012-hume-iser-light-up-your-home-christmas-lights-competition/?cs=79
myself with house number 2
bennyya with house number 8
cat0010 who is also an ACL member doesn't appear to be on the list this year but he was last year and raised money for a good cause.

Photos can be viewed on the slideshow at the top of the page.

bennya has some youtube vids of his display up. I'm a slack bugger and haven't had time to shoot, edit and upload a decent video yet. A friend did spot an uploaded video of my lights though and it is at
Behind tip top
That video misses out on seeing the mega tree, mega star, corostars and a bunch of other goodies and it is also about my my boring sequence :(

If there are other Bendigo members here on ACL then shout out as I'd love to have a look at your work.

Alan

AAH

I'm now a dejected little blinky fan.

7dba47e6-421c-4659-b69e-7cb589ab2e1a.jpg
^^^^ That is the winner of the best lights in Bendigo according to voting.

b3e5c317-2ece-4b09-8a21-dc5521378590.jpg
^^^^ My display that was beaten. About 400 channels of lights with about 3kW blinking in time to the music just wasn't enough to get me over the line. Next year it looks like I have to go static and drop down to half a dozen sets of lights.
As it says in the ad. "Not happy Jan". For the non-Aussies I am sure if you punch "not happy Jan" into youtube you'll see the ad and get the reference.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yeah we felt a little peeved when we did not win in older comps here compared to a store-bought pretty ordinary display, but now I don't care (and also no comps here) and would not bother going in a comp if there was one again.

We do it for the charity, the kids and the visitors, not what judges think.

AAH

I do it for the visitors and because I'm out in the sticks a bit the best way to visitors is to get publicity and the best way to get publicity would be to get a win. I have absolutely no objection to static lights winning the comp as there are some awesome ones in Bendigo. The winner however was not 1 of the best in Bendigo :(