Best Sequencing Software

bradclaflin

New elf
What is the best sequencing software available? I have tried LSP v2.5, Vixen 2, Vixen 3, and VenueMagic. Is there anything available that is more robust? As I add more channels and RGB pixels, these seem to have more trouble. I would rather spend some money than work with tools that are so frustrating and unpredictable.

BrianJ

Full time elf
There was another choice but I have not heard much of it lately. Light Factory Personal, it is a "home version" of the Light Factory professional software. I know that Aussie Phil was using it before he vanished into the night and he had very positive comments on it. I believe the personal version was retailing for 500$ which is a significant price drop from the Pro Versions.

neilric99

Full time elf
I am using Light Factory Personal and driving Madrix with it. btw Madrix is only useful for driving effects and may not be what you need for a lot of your display elements. LFP however is a great professional cuelist based sequencer.

Boof63

Senior elf
HLS- if you are using RGB/pixel it is easy as to work with, once you have learned/watched the video tutorials - it is a breeze to use and work with. It is not flawless, but its bloody good in my mind.
cheers Boof63

kel

Dedicated elf
I don't think that there is any 'best' SW for our level of lighting ... each person will have a fave because it works for him/her and satisfies the needs of his/her show

My advice is try all of them, then make up your own mind :D

CDN_Diesel

New elf
Very sound advice Kel. If you are looking to keep costs down (free is always good) then, if you are using RGB, I would suggest HLS.

Boof63

Senior elf
Here is link to Joe's site, Current Version is halfway down the list of files "HLS Install 14S", The files labelled UMarg are the copies of the manual put together by users.

cheers Boof63

Skunberg

Full time elf
Nutcracker/Xlights might be worth a look. It started out as a scheduler player but has effects also for the high pixel count that you can import into your sequence. It's not a sequencer but is very robust with high channel counts. It will play and convert most sequencer files.

Skunberg

Full time elf
You should look at Vixen plus also. It's Vixen 2 with added tools for easier use.