Best way to control dumb pixels.

bcwhitehead1

New elf
Need some advice I have a 14ft wire frame Merry Christmas sign that is still red and green Incan. I was originally going to swap out my red and green Incan on my Xmas sign to just red and green LEDs. Now I am thinking I should just go dumb pixels but having a hard time thinking of the most economical why of controlling them. I want each letter to still be independent so that would be 42 Channels. My first thought would be LOR dc cards but that's 300.00 to get 48 channels. What do you think would be most econmical way of controlling it.

Thanks,
Brandon

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I sell the DC48 (48 channels) for $200, but if you need cheaper there's always the Ray Wu (Chinese) 27 controllers for about $50 or so each.

JonB256

Full time elf
Don't skimp on power. Every 100 pixels, full on/white, needs 6 to 8 amps @ 12vdc.
My relamped 200 pixel mega tree star took me by surprise and I had to get "more power."

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You would actually find it cheaper using 2811 pixels and a ECG-P2 Controller, plus you only will not need multiple cables to hook it all up.

But if you plan on going the dumb pixels then your load will be minimal and then Rays 27 channel controller is hard to pass up for $44