Beta out next month!!!!

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Message from Dan:

We will be releasing a beta next month. This is absolute, 100%.... We will start releasing information about the new software on Tuesday March 3rd. (or today...) I will say now, that there is a new method for storing "pixel" type data that is created in the new Pixel Editor(always) and in Super Star(optionally). With this scheme, the time to load a sequence is very small and has nothing to do with 32bits or 64bits but rather it is due to design. In the old design when loading a sequence, the entire sequence was loaded before play started. With the new scheme data is read as needed and only the data necessary to play "now" and in the near future is kept in memory so sequence size has a minimal affect on the time it takes to start playing. As well, the time to load/save a sequence with one of the editors is reduced because only high level commands are loaded and saved.

Dan

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
So let me see if I get this straight.

LOR beta confirmed - check
XL/NC beta confirmed (with alpha available) - check

LSP - rumors of a rewrite for over a year, no screenshots or video from an 8 Jan post on FB, still requires porting to XL/NC for 360 degree mega tree advanced effects (and still crashes in my experience, corrupting sequences) - How does LSP simplify?

(yes, I know, off topic but really starting to feel duped by the LSP sale last July with the imminent rewrite that has never come to fruition)

arw01

Full time elf
One of the LSP programmers has promissed an update soon after the pitchforks and torches came out. Mark you on the Facebook LSP group?

Crashing in LSP is going to be related to something else on the pc, I can run mine for weeks without crashes on two machines. I can occasionally crash it doing something wierd, but have never lost a file.

Did you send an email on the crashing to support@lightshowpro.com?

mararunr

arw01 said:
One of the LSP programmers has promissed an update soon after the pitchforks and torches came out. Mark you on the Facebook LSP group?

Crashing in LSP is going to be related to something else on the pc, I can run mine for weeks without crashes on two machines. I can occasionally crash it doing something wierd, but have never lost a file.

Yes I'm on the FB group and asked for video/screenshots from Ryan for this upcoming update (did not get anything concrete with 8 Jan update) - as I hear so many say on here, if there's no picture it didn't happen.

I was so frustrated when it crashed and corrupted the sequence plus it was so late in the season (last year was my first year and I had no sense of time) that I just immediately switched to XL/NC since my wife had already been working in it for 2 of the 4 songs. I specifically bought a new top of the line Alienware Laptop in July last year which is where it crashed (well over $2500 invested so just assumed it had to be LSP since other than internet surfing I didn't do anything on it but LSP). I also have a desktop Alienware but didn't license the copy of LSP running on that machine (plus wanted the portability of working on the laptop around the house/garage).

I may give LSP another shot this year just tired of hearing the rewrite rumors and really don't want to feel like I wasted money on the Professional Edition. I bought based on the long running rewrite rumors back then (July).

Gilrock

Full time elf
Well I wish them all the best. Since I became an xLights developer I can no longer give an unbiased opinion. ;)

It's funny when I sit at work writing software and I look forward to going home so I can work on different software that I don't get paid for...lol.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Gilrock said:
Well I wish them all the best. Since I became an xLights developer I can no longer give an unbiased opinion. ;)

It's funny when I sit at work writing software and I look forward to going home so I can work on different software that I don't get paid for...lol.
Glirock and we thank you and all developers who make these show just bloody awesome without your tireless work our hobby would be a lot harder than what it already is

arw01

Full time elf
+ to Gilrock for the selfless devotion to the process of better tools! My programming skills are rusty and I spend more time looking up how to do something than actually doing anything.

arw01

Full time elf
mararunr said:
arw01 said:

Yes I'm on the FB group and asked for video/screenshots from Ryan for this upcoming update (did not get anything concrete with 8 Jan update) - as I hear so many say on here, if there's no picture it didn't happen.

I was so frustrated when it crashed and corrupted the sequence plus it was so late in the season (last year was my first year and I had no sense of time) that I just immediately switched to XL/NC since my wife had already been working in it for 2 of the 4 songs. I specifically bought a new top of the line Alienware Laptop in July last year which is where it crashed (well over $2500 invested so just assumed it had to be LSP since other than internet surfing I didn't do anything on it but LSP). I also have a desktop Alienware but didn't license the copy of LSP running on that machine (plus wanted the portability of working on the laptop around the house/garage).

I may give LSP another shot this year just tired of hearing the rewrite rumors and really don't want to feel like I wasted money on the Professional Edition. I bought based on the long running rewrite rumors back then (July).

Love to have an Alienware someday, most likely not the hardware but drivers. You on Nvidia or ATI video in your beast? Put the latest version on there?

And you can have 5 installs of LSP on the same license, so don't worry about that, just don't use all 5 concurrently :)

I considered to increase the speed of macro rendering to rent some time on amazon's s2 system, but didn't mess with it further than discussing it with an Amazon tech.

mararunr

arw01 said:
Love to have an Alienware someday, most likely not the hardware but drivers. You on Nvidia or ATI video in your beast? Put the latest version on there?

And you can have 5 installs of LSP on the same license, so don't worry about that, just don't use all 5 concurrently :)

Nvidia and yes.
Thank you on the license information - did not know that and there are times when I would much rather use my multi-display desktop.

DanJ

Full time elf
Another +1 to Gil and the rest of the XL/NC dev team!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU