Bluetooth sound from a pi

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Is it possible to get sound out a pi using Bluetooth? I assume (if it can) it will need to be a USB dongle? Well there be a lag?
I'm not looking at playing the audio to Bluetooth during the show. I am thinking about, when I record a video, putting a small Bluetooth speaker next to the camera to record the sound, This will assist with lining up the footage. Only reason I am going with Bluetooth as I have a few small speakers I can use.
I can look at an FM transmitter option, but wanted to see if this option is possible.

Verb75

Apprentice elf
Is it possible to get sound out a pi using Bluetooth? I assume (if it can) it will need to be a USB dongle? Well there be a lag?
I'm not looking at playing the audio to Bluetooth during the show. I am thinking about, when I record a video, putting a small Bluetooth speaker next to the camera to record the sound, This will assist with lining up the footage. Only reason I am going with Bluetooth as I have a few small speakers I can use.
I can look at an FM transmitter option, but wanted to see if this option is possible.
Check to see if the speakers also have a 3.5mm line in jack. Most of them do, and would get a better result using that if you could.

Kitman

Full time elf
The pi 3 has built-in Bluetooth along with built-in wifi, so if you were using a pi 3 then you have Bluetooth already, the trick would be how to pair the Bluetooth device in Linux (I am not sure how you do that from a command line) then selecting that as the audio device if it gave you the option.

Even if you used a USB Bluetooth dongle you are still going to need to pair the speaker somehow so I think a 3.5mm audio cable might be the easiest option, depending on how your pi connects to your network to control all the devices you might be able to move it temporarily just so you can record the show.