boot loader error for p12

frankpeter2006

New elf
Hi
I am trying update my firmware. when i m trying to connect usb to p12. i m getting this error.
"USB DEVICEwith VID=0x4D8 AND PID = 0XF7FC IS not found.i tryied in windows xp and 7 and vista . i m getting same error. i changed the usb cable also ..
any suggestions highly appreciated.
thanks peter

kane

Dedicated elf
frankpeter2006 said:
Hi
I am trying update my firmware. when i m trying to connect usb to p12. i m getting this error.
"USB DEVICEwith VID=0x4D8 AND PID = 0XF7FC IS not found.i tryied in windows xp and 7 and vista . i m getting same error. i changed the usb cable also ..
any suggestions highly appreciated.
thanks peter

Have you supplied power to the P12 (ie, are there any lights lit up?)

It doesn't get powered by the USB port, so you still need to hook power up..

frankpeter2006

New elf
thanks for quick reply
1. thanks Eddy for providing ECG_P12r guide
2. Kane-- i powered up --thanks
3.David ---i dont have much idea. but seeing some posts from forum i done. .
Thanks

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
Frank -

the words "update my firmware" lead to some questions.

When did you receive/buy your P12R? only new P12Rs (since about July 2012) have the UBL installed. Older ones have the TFTP bootloader which does not support USB or the new PIC32UBL. We are working on a TFTP updater that will allow older boards to be upgraded to the UBL.

if you have a new one, have you tried several 'quality' USB cables? some of the cheaper ones that come with some devices won't work. all new P12Rs were tested and the application firmware was installed via the USB before it left us.

-Ed

neilric99

Full time elf
David_AVD said:
Isn't a P12(R) the Ethernet input to pixel board? Maybe the OP means an uDCG-P2 ?

The new version of the P12R has a mini USB port that you can use the PIC32UBL utility to configure the device. I think the first version of the P12R however the USB is not yet enabled and needs a firmware update via the TFTP loader.

The uDCG-P2 does have the mini USB and this does work with the PIC32UBL, as the device doesn't have the E.131 and Ethernet port the only way you can update is via the USB or icsp connector.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ive told Frank in the chat room to refer to page 30 of the P12R ACL Manual to update his firmware, so hopefully he has had success updating that way as he has a pre boot loader release version of the P12R