Brisbane/Qld Brisbane Meet and Greet. May 4th-5th

penguineer

Full time elf
I only managed to get "time off" to go on the Saturday.

Had a good time just listening - Steve did a bit of a runthrough of LSP, Jeff did a demo on how quick sequences can be rendered using layers and built in beat detection(only requires minor tuning afterwards) and then Steve did another short session on what he is working on with animatronics(with the right lighting those dolls would be really creepy.....)

And in the midst of this lots of chatting with others about all sorts of tips and tricks and how they do their displays.

I think on Sunday there was going to be a bit more on hooking up j1sys units to pixels and move on from there!

Cheers and thanks!!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
Yes so true pics are needed
2013-05-06%2009.19.51%20%28Small%29.jpg

Either we had lots of fun or a cyclone came through. Something happened. :D

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
2013-05-04%2018.42.21%20%28Small%29.jpg

I've never had a weekend gathering where I ended up with more nuts, beer and chocolate then I started with. Thanks guys and girls.

2013-05-06%2009.37.00%20%28Small%29.jpg

Didn't mean to freak you all out with the twins but they are safety back in there box now,

2013-05-06%2009.37.48%20%28Small%29.jpg

Bucky is half way thru getting a rebuild ready for his new controllers.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is 1 of the twins named Chucky by any chance and likes large kitchen knives?

miked

New elf
Was a great weekend.Great to catch up with and also meet new people with the same addiction. Thanks to Jeff for heaps of info and a really big thanks to Steve for giving us his time,expertise and venue. For someone who is just starting to get into this, such as myself, a face to face meeting like this gives you so much info in a short time and really accelerates that learning curve. The ' how to' practical stuff was absolutely gold and to be able to have a walk through of Steve's display set up sorted out so many things. I gotta get a projector,a heap of servos, a lota pixels, a......, a....... somebody stop me!!!! All fired up now to get this year's display going.
Again thanks heaps Steve - much appreciated. :)