Brisbane/Qld Brisbane Mini - 30-31st May 2015

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
mhthomas said:
Hi Steve I would love to come along and try to learn all I can from you guys if that's ok?

all good, we'll all squeeze in somewhere

Superman

Global moderator
OK Queenslanders, Our turn.

Time for our annual mini. I don't have a venue other then my house but you are all welcome.
This year you can look forward to learning about how to connect Pixles to a controller for the noobies all the way through to Advanced house video projection.

I will be showcasing a range of J1sys and Hanson electronics controllers to control lights and will get them going with a range of test software both from a Computer and a Raspberry Pi.
We will also have software demos on Vixen3, LSP and xLights.

As space is a major issue i'll ask that you only bring smaller items to show off. However, If you do have a certain set of lights of a controller you can't get going bring them along Sunday. That's our play day.

For the Meet and Greet earlier this year I had some generous members bring some items for Morning tea I would appreciate not having to worry about that again.

I will provide a Sausage BBQ for lunch and I have a fridge you can store your own drinks in.
Tea and Coffee provided.

Please add your name to list at the top of the post if you intend to attend.
tumblr_lzayyz6u811qhiw96o3_250.gif

Even the Cat is excited

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i will bring some soft drinks if anyone has a preferance let me know by thursday i was thinking coke , coke zero , and solo or fanta and maybe some muffins for sunday

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Hi Steve.
I was wondering if you still have space for a newbie just starting out.

I have been doing sequencing with Xlights 4 and am confident in doing that but would like to see how it all comes together with the hardware in particular the Raspberry Pi.

I can only make it one day and it sounds like Saturday would be aimed at us new guys.

I would like to bring the other half with me as she thinks I need more lights in the display (WOO HOO) and I need to nurture this enthusiasm.

Stuart

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
All those wanting to attend the qld mini just register up the top of the page there is still some room

Superman

Global moderator
Dazzled said:
Hi Steve.
I was wondering if you still have space for a newbie just starting out.
I have been doing sequencing with Xlights 4 and am confident in doing that but would like to see how it all comes together with the hardware in particular the Raspberry Pi.
I can only make it one day and it sounds like Saturday would be aimed at us new guys.
I would like to bring the other half with me as she thinks I need more lights in the display (WOO HOO) and I need to nurture this enthusiasm.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,
Saturday will be the main day for information, It will provide you with a overview of the subject. The Pi will be fairly heavily featured this year. See you Saturday.
Don't forget to Register

Brownie

I am new here
Sorry Steve I am only using Tapatalk on my phone so have no register option. I will try and go on computer sometime today.
Brownie

Superman

Global moderator
Brownie said:
Sorry Steve I am only using Tapatalk on my phone so have no register option. I will try and go on computer sometime today.
Brownie

Cheers Mate, I hate for you t have an argument with the door-man when you get here :D

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Hi Steve
I have registered and will be there on Saturday.

Would you like me to bring something to go with those sausages at lunchtime or just something for morning tea.

Stuart

Superman

Global moderator
AussiePhil said:
My C9 bulbs will be representing me if that's ok (assuming brad hasn't hidden them:) ) , hope everyone has a great time.
Awesome Phil. really looking forward to seeing them. Did you by chance let Brad bring the 3D printer up also. Promise i'll look after it.