Brisbane Storms - Nov. 27

MarcD

Full time elf
Just wondering how Brisbane based fellow ACL members fared in the storm yesterday?

We didn't get much damage at home and all of the lights appear intact. Luckily, we've only put half of them up. Will have to wait until we plug them in to see if they still work. Our office in Salisbury didn't fare so well with windows blown out, parts of the ceiling collapsing and a bit of water damage. Both my and my son's cars received hail damage.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
At work (Capalaba) we got a brief downpour and that was it. At home (Victoria Point) there was a bit of light rain.

Such a difference less than 20K away from Salisbury. Were pretty lucky in Redland City though and rarely cop it to the extent the city and Ipswich areas do.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
The winds were pretty strong here at Sinnamon Park. Blew my roof trees over, but they stood up OK. My two big firework stars got tangled together and are a bit bent and twisted, but still standing. Judging (4kq) continues tonight.

Judging by news and friends reports, we were lucky. A lot of people not far away have severe damage.

AlexB

New elf
Sorry to bump a bit of an old thread - Marc - i'm one of the operations coordinators for the SES at the Salisbury Depot - where abouts are you?

Brisbane had over 3000 requests for SES assistance as a result of those storms, with the majority in my area. Mostly Annerley and Moorooka. Thankfully I live in Logan, and we avoided the worst of it.

By the looks of things - the hail storm last year did worse damage to displays than what we had this year - even though this year's big one caused so much damage. Stay safe everyone - and if it's flooded - Forget it!