Cable labels

Andy2000

Apprentice elf
How does everyone else label their cables? I tried the Dymo labels but they only last a week or so. Suggestions welcome :)

darylc

404 darylc not found
Andy2000 said:
How does everyone else label their cables? I tried the Dymo labels but they only last a week or so. Suggestions welcome :)

I've been very happy with a brady BPM21/ID PAL:
http://www.amazon.com/Brady-BMP21-PLUS-Handheld-Printer-Multi-Line/dp/B00IELD1O4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449922516&sr=8-1&keywords=brady+id+pal

with their Nylon label:
http://www.amazon.com/Brady-M21-500-499-Length-Mobile-Printer/dp/B003XU7SP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449922571&sr=8-2&keywords=500-499

Not the cheapest solution, but very very good.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Permanent marker on pigtail plugs.
No idea how permanent it will be however...

Habbosrus

Back again
Well, this will be my first post in months. I use small pieces of corflute, pen or permanent marker and cable ties. I have some cables that I marked in my first year that have been out in the Aussie weather that are still readable this way. It's cheap and easy. I don't discard any of my corflute scraps as it comes in handy for things just like this.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
djgra79 said:
Permanent marker on pigtail plugs.
No idea how permanent it will be however...

only lasts 1 season if its exposed to the sun, then you have to re-do them as your pulling them out and trying to remember where they go............. I use Cable labels like these Labels even the perm marker starts to fade on these as well after a couple of seasons

ozstickman

New elf
Roosta said:

I have done the same with my lights in years past, now I'm going computer controlled i will do the same again.
I found photo paper and laundry marker the longest lasting.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
A good Brother label maker then add clear tape over the top. The tape only lasts a season or two, but the labels last years. I just replace the tape every year or so

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
I have been using a Dymo label maker along with their heat shrink labels for years now and love them.
I use clear heat shrink over them to protect the label from weather and physical abuse.
I have some that are 4 to 5 years old now and still quite easy to read.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
ive always just used permanent markers or a liquid paper pen to write on my transformers and because they are confined to waterproof boxes i dont have any trouble with it fading. As i transition over to pixels, the idea of using the corflute to label cables will be best for me, so think i will be doing that