Cables and 3 pin connectors.

Junior

Full time elf
Hey guys.

Just wondering if any recommendations can be made to where one purchases 3 pin connectors/pigtails and cabling to connect the lights to the controllers. First year with pixel lights.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hi Junior and Welcome to the hobby!

A large portion of this community uses Ray Wu for our Lighting needs:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

Most of his pxiel products come with a standard waterproof pigtail connector and then you can buy the controller end separately.
Example 1 (String of Pixel Lights): Click Me!
Example 2 ( Pig tail to go into controller ): Click Me!

I highly recommend to read the new 101 Manual which outlines and lists all the different hardware and software requirements and what each part does:
https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/

Once you have a rough idea what you would like to do make a list and post it on the forums, I'm sure one of us will be glad to help out and check over the setup you would like and make suggestions that will indeed help with your first year. The best place in my opinion is the live chat ask a question and it normally gets answered pretty quickly.

Have fun!
Derf | Jack

Junior

Full time elf
Thank you for the reply.

Would you go to Jaycar if i wanted to get something locally and get Cat6 cables for data and power injection?

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
You normally pay an arm and a leg if you buy them at a retail store. You could try one of ACL's vendors (Check out the forums) AAH (Hanson Electronics), SmartAlecLighting, David_AVD just to name a few. I'm not sure if they stock much as normally the majority buy from china and wait the week for it to arrive.

For cabling I would source here in Australia. Try ebay you can normally find a wide range of cable to suite your needs and its way cheaper than buying retail as well. A lot of Members use 4 Core security cable to run both power and data to their props from their controller then purchase thicker gauge to wire the power supplies.