Can't get my Mega Tree to work

peterbrown123

New elf
Hi everyone

I have a 1000 RGB light Mega tree with two strings port 3 500 light and port 4 500 plus 90 lights on the star.

I have power injected every 100 lights with the separate power supply near the tree and I have brought the neutral back to the controller with joined with the other neutrals on the other power supplies.

On the falcon controller I have absolute addressing with the following ports:
3 500 lights 1711 - 3210
4 500 lights 3211 - 4710 plus
virtual string star 90 lights 4711 - 4980

peterbrown123

New elf
Do I need to do any additional settings on the falcon controller and is there someone in Perth that can come down to my house and check over my wiring and settings.

Thanks

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Do the pixels come on when you push the test button on the Falcon?
Need some screenshots of the Falcon input and output, FPP (if you are using) inputs and outputs, and xlights controller configuration, layout

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
It's Friday night, jump onto a zoom meeting on xlights.org and see if someone can help you there

peterbrown123

New elf
Hi BAZMIC

I have attached my setting on the xlighs and from the falcon controller.

Hope this helps.

Regards Peter

Attachments

• Settings for RGB Lights.docx
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Try to jump onto a zoom meeting, someone will be able to help you out a lot quicker than i can.
Your Falcon shows you have RGBW pixels and you also have null pixels starting on both ports, is this correct?
Also need controller setting in xlights and the inputs yeah on the Falcon screenshots please?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Oh! You didn't tell me if the test button on the Falcon lights up any pixels?

peterbrown123

New elf
Hi Sorry all the other lights work the matrix and all the candy canes and the arches.

The MEGA Tree is on a separate power supply.

When I tested the voltage on the power supply it was 12.2 v with no load and with load it jumped up to 13.2v. Could the power supply be faulty.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Voltage is fine, 12v pixels will handle up to 18-20v ok but not for long periods.
Have you connected the ground from the other power supply running your tree to the Falcon.... Very important!

peterbrown123

New elf
Hi BAZMick

yes I have connected the ground from tree to the other power supplies that are connected to the Falcon.

All the lights are 12 v.

Regards Pete

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Can you swap the power supplies to see if the no lights problem shifts to the other props.
The Power supply jumping to 13.2v seems a bit odd when you said it goes under load but there's no lights on??

peterbrown123

New elf
Hi Burnt and BAZMick

I have sorted the issue. I ended up moving the nulls pixel adjacent to the controller and moved it next to the tree on both channels. I also made sure the active did not go back to the other controllers. Most probably that was the cause of the voltage increase when I turned on the other light channels.

Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Some of my lights are flickering at the end of the line for the other channel is that a power issue or a signal issue and do I need to install another null pixel adjacent to the candy cane.

Regards Peter