Answered Can't get ray wu lights to work

Chris

New elf
hi all, I am trying to finalize my setup for install, just got my shipment of icicle lights and strip lights from Ray ws2811 12v and I can't get them to light up. I have some other strip and bullet pixels from another company and they are working just fine. When I plug the ray wu lights in using the pigtails only the first pixel lights and it is extremely faint at that. I believe I have the wire colors correct, yellow for ground, blue data, brown power, what am I doing wrong?! Any suggestions?

I am very new at this so maybe I am missing something easy, I just don't understand how it could be every strand of icicles and every strip... the only constant is me!

Here are pics to show my current setup, excuse the mess, I have been ripping things apart trying to find the problem.

Last edited:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You'll need to confirm that the pigtails are connected as you think they are. Power off the F16 and meter from the board to the far end of the strip to check continuity for the 0V and 12 back to the matching pins on the F16. Pigtails aren't all the same wiring from batch to batch or even across the same batch.

Jay.S

Full time elf
If that black pigtail in the first photo is the lights you have a problem with, I am with Keith. The green wire is connected to -ve and the blue to data...

Chris

New elf
That was exactly it, thank you to everybody for the quick reply. Swapped the yellow and blue and we are working! Looks like install tomorrow is a go!

This thread is marked as solved. An answer might not be needed anymore.