Can't play any new Sequences

Stkilda123

Apprentice elf
Hi, i got everything up and running Saturday night, my display is the same as last year so was running off my same playlists from the FPP, and all was working fine.
On Sunday i finished off some new songs and put them into my main playlist. The show came on as normal on Sunday night, but when it came to the first new song i had uploaded, FPP shut down.
After testing it seems all the new songs i have uploaded this year either shut the player down, or just turn the lights to static.
I've tried uploading the outputs agian, deleting and uploading the songs again, but still the same.
Was thinking maybe the USB is currupt, but then why is my old stuff playing.
Any ideas how i can get my new songs to play?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's possible that the SD is on its way out. New files are not being written correctly, but old ones are.

What version of xLights and FPP are you using?

Also take a look in the log file as soon as it crashes - Content Setup -> File Manager -> Logs -> fppd.log -- and see if there are any glaring errors.

Danielr

Lights On Botanical
Generous elf
Also check the file names. I was having a similar issue where two of my new sequences was automatically renaming some of the files as fsqe.fseq So it was adding an extra fseq into the names. I have no idea how or why or if it was somehow something I accidently did. I deleted them from FPP and I went into my show folder, renamed them, render, save and upload and it worked.

Stkilda123

Apprentice elf
1701650515569.png

I'm using an old veersion of FPP, V3.2, and the new version of xlights 2023.20
above is the log from the crash
is it possible the new songs from the newer version of xlights are not compatible with the old veersion of FPP?
I'vee been putting off doing an upgrade becasue it has worked fine up until now

Stkilda123

Apprentice elf
Thanks, rendering in V1 fixed the problem,
But now i see i've lost 8 ports in my matrix! Unrelated problem, but very annoyinng