CCR Strips

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
If I am not mistaken their sequences are made from using Superstar.

If that is the case you can take existing Sequences and modify them by extending the Morph endpoints. Animations just need new endpoints as well...so they travel further down or up.

they would already work 1/2 way down/up the tree, you just need them to go the rest of the way... so you change the endpoints.

I am planning on building a CCR type tree. So I will be playing with the sequences and can Document it further.

Here is the Strips I am going to use... Ray Wu, Ben and HolidayCoro sell them.

Here is a link to HolidayCoro.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/Smart-Pixel-LED-RGB-Strip-60-LEDs-m-20-Pixels-m-p/708-white-ps.htm

-Blu

i13

Dedicated elf
As far as the controller and software are concerned, 2.5m of the 12V strip with 60 LEDs per metre is the same as 5m of the 12V strip with 30 LEDs per metre. INK strips are the only 12V strip exception I can think of.

Obviously 60 LEDs per metre is going to be BRIGHT so you might want to consider strips which have individual LED control if you want the pixel density without the brightness. Be careful not to confuse the pixel count with the LED count. Some strips have 3 LEDs per pixel and some have 1.

Gilrock

Full time elf
I'm happy without the double density strips. Just remember to calculate the power you will need. If you saw my thread called DIY 12 Ribbon Tree I have a photo of a controller that fits nicely in a container with 2 power supplies. I think if I went to double density strips I would be just at or over the max capacity of the 2 power supplies so I would probably have needed two housings for 3 power supplies. Since we don't run full white all the time it's possible 2 would have been fine. You were talking about using 16 ribbons instead of 12 like me so you might definitely need 3 supplies if you go double density. It also doubles the channels and bandwidth for that element.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
i13 said:
As far as the controller and software are concerned, 2.5m of the 12V strip with 60 LEDs per metre is the same as 5m of the 12V strip with 30 LEDs per metre. INK strips are the only 12V strip exception I can think of.

Obviously 60 LEDs per metre is going to be BRIGHT so you might want to consider strips which have individual LED control if you want the pixel density without the brightness. Be careful not to confuse the pixel count with the LED count. Some strips have 3 LEDs per pixel and some have 1.

With the new pixlite firmware, you can curtail the intensity on the controller.... makes it easy

-Blu