Challenge of the Day!

H

harrisonk

Ok all, i have a challenge for you all. I intend to buy 10 of these Upright Smoke Machines. Your task, how do i make them waterproof, but still get the desired up shooting of the fog.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Well without having one to look at "hands on" and play with or see the actual specs for, I think that it would not be that much of a challenge to make an enclosure for these to adapt them for outside use.
Pretty simple to make more or less a box with an opening for the smoke to push through and yet cover the unit. The only area of possible trouble might be the smoke ejector port area and I don't see why a type of funnel over it with a drain hose would not keep water (ie - rain) from getting into the unit while allowing the smoke to push up around the funnel.
As far as venting heat then the enclosure could have a fan if necessary to cool.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im wondering if your power service to your house will handle that load, thats 15000 watts and thats not including any of your christmas lights or your normal house appliances and lighting.

At 1500 watts each you would have to carefully consider how you will run the power distribution to these as each unit will draw 6.25 amps at 240 volts.

So unless you have the supply into your house that can handle the load and a way to safely distribute that load then it may not be a good plan.

penguineer

Full time elf
Some form of u-bend arrangement from your local plumbing shop maybe?

Bottom of the "upward facing" U should be open to allow water to drop through.

Is that any good?

Cheers!