Changing XLR pin to an RJ45

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi guys, I've searched this through and through and cant find that pic/diagram going around showing an Rj45 being soldered on the Ray 27's controller. I'm sure I've seen it on here before but some time ago!!!!!.

Basically, I've bought some new enclosures this year for the boards and the XLR pins once connected are getting a bit bulky, so I want to rip them out and change them over to Rj45, or at least hook RJ45 sockets up to them somehow. If my memory servers me correctly the diagram I saw had the new plugs soldered to the XLR pins at the back.. Ideally, I'd like to rip them out and resolder the new ones in. Not sure how possible that would be or if anyone's done it.

Ive attached pic, this plug snapped off when dropped from the roof and hung by the XLR pin, haha.

Has anyone done this or would know which of these on the board are
Pin 1 (GND)
Pin 2 (-ve)
Pin 3 (+ve)
Cheers

Attachments

• Ray 27's.jpg
    Ray 27's.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Porsche

Full time elf
Ahhhhrrrr found it. It was way deep in a 22 page thread.
I've posted a few pics below. Hopefully this will be easier found next time someone searches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 22

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I actually made up some adaptor pcb's for these but i didn't load the boards until after my 2 27ch boards were out and connected so I don't know if they are successful or not. They have the 2 RJ45 connectors, a termination resistor and a jumper to enable the terminator if required.

arw01

Full time elf
Maybe someone knows the dmx out on a diyla pixelnet hub to xlr? RJ uses orange/white and orange for data, but I got some of Ray's floods with the XLR plugs and not sure what to connect to what for sure.