Chat ... since the change Aug 2010

kel

Dedicated elf
Since the change in channels for chat, I have been experiencing a few promblems when entering the chat area ... I have no idea why/how this has happened (some setting somewhere) but I was wondering if any of you are experiencing a similar problem.

When I log on to chat, I see this screen

Most of the above involved in that chat are not online!

Whilst, I can work around it (as can others), I feel that a few members are having difficulty when they see this screen ...

Cheers :)

Tabor

Full time elf
Trying to work it out as well.

Do you mean that some of the people on the "Online" list are actually in another chat room eg LOR Chat room?

kel

Dedicated elf
No T, some may have been in the LOR room (not everyone though) ... everytime I log into the main chat room I see the same convo ...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What is happening is people who are active in chat do not seem to have their names in the chat name list.

This sometimes can happen when you use two different computers and you then go back online with a computer that has gone in stand by whilst the other computer is still connected to chat, effectively creating two connections to chat. The data sometimes doesn't update because it already sees you as connected and so will use the list that was prior to the computer going to sleep.

That may be one reason, but if your only using the one computer then the reason above doesn't fit.

Wombat

Full time elf
I get similiar issues especially if I use my phone to connect to the the chat.
It just goes dead even though it looks like the chat is still active nothing happens.

On my phone sometimes when I connect it just plays out the same conversations like they are happening now but in fact they happened some time earlier then doesn't update anymore (like the history just takes ages to come through line by line)

the pc version just disconnects regularly without warning very often even if you are still talking to someone. its not lag or timeouts its flat disconnections.

Wombat

Full time elf
I much prefer Ajax to flashchat though

Flashchat dont work on most mobiles

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I find ajax chat to be more stable in connection than flash chat, especially through busy work networks.

daunce

Full time elf
Has anyone tried with iPhone? I had a go yesterday, and during the username/password bit, the keyboard would pop up, but a split second later, it would disappear.. i could click into the textbox again to make the keyboard pop up, but again it would disappear a split second later.. ok for standard letters, but number and special chars - impossible.