Cheapest time to buy Deals Direct Christmas Lights?

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Hello,

You may remember me from a long time ago. Anyways....

Just wondering if anyone knows when the Cheapest time is to buy lights from Deals Direct. Also are they good quality?

Thanks in advance, Sam

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Well, im not entirely sure of the best day/month to buy from them, but I do know that DD offer free delivery at certain times before christmas, they also usually have discounts after the festive season too.

Basically, you have to weigh up the discounted cost of the light + delivery, Vs the normal online cost of the light + free delivery.

Sorry cant be of more help.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
June & July appears to be the cheapest - e.g. I got 20m LED ropelights for $19.95 each & free shipping. The period of June/July seems to be where DD clear old stock - even if they receive the same item again next Christmas. The same ropelight is now displayed as being $59 + shipping.

With that said, DealsDirect do have sales all the time - the only real advice I can give is sign up to their mailing list and wait for them to email you free shipping and/or discounted Christmas lights prices.

Sam

I have got C.L.A.P
Ok Thanks. Also I still haven't gotten into the computerized Christmas lights but I do want to this year. Can you recommend me a way to do this as cheaply and easily as possible. I currently have DMX board but I do not know how to incorporate it into the show. Would it be better to just buy a controller? Also I need around 16 channels and I am good at basic soldering. Thanks

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Be aware that the sale prices sometimes come and go very quickly. I've put "on sale" items in my cart one day then seen them back up to full price less than a day later. You really need to check the cart contents before checking out as you can end up paying full price without realising. :eek: