Cheers to you lot! - My 1 year anniversary.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
And for my 100th post I’ve left it to my anniversary on this site.

Cheers to you lot for somehow putting up with me!

Within these last 365 days I’ve sent money over to a stranger named @darylc in the hope of getting a Falcon board, he didn’t run away with my money and I got one :D . Thankyou!

I’ve learned a lot on here for what this hobby is, far more complicated and extravagant with the systems available than I thought.

My Falcon is far more reliable than a USB connection to an Arduino.
I hope to trial my F48 with the lighting console in my school theatre, that will test the Chamsys console a fair bit!

It’s so nice to have a close community where even the developer @keithsw1111 is on constantly. I didn't think transitioning to pixels was going to be easy, thanks to the cross compatibility of XLights and Falcon Controllers it was a breeze. Thankyou Keith and the XLights team!

My new year’s resolution will be the same for my computer monitor but the ambition for the lights will grow in pixel density. I’m urging myself to change my mega tree to pixels and possibly a long, short matrix above the garage, there goes my money!

I do hope my school theatre pays me enough for this :laugh: .

Thank You all for a great 2019 and Happy new year!!

scamper

Dedicated elf
Well done on your 1 year anniversary. :cool:
I remember it well, I got everything up and synced and immediately wanted more!
I did a 180deg pixel mega my second year as my original was only 1 year in, then converted it on my third year.
Now that you have an idea of what you want, you can start looking at purchases for next year, if you are tight on funds like I was, break it down a little at a time. Keep looking on aliexpress for specials and order what you can when you can.
Ray Wu has some 5v pixels on sale at the moment, the freight is a killer if you only buy a couple strings, but if you get 20 then it works out pretty good.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Congratulations on 100 and 365. The ACL community is awesome and chat gets so many people connected and going with much less pain than they could have. Having experts on hand giving their time for free is amazing.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ray Wu has some 5v pixels on sale at the moment, the freight is a killer if you only buy a couple strings, but if you get 20 then it works out pretty good.
I don't think I've ever seen these NOT on PROMOTION! :D
Onwards and upwards Mark ;)

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
How good are these low priced nodes from Ray? I'm broke from buying the $25 strings but the quality has been brilliant. These 'good' and 'reasonable'?
Then again these are 5v... ;)

12v eco-terrorist; Mo volts is Mo beta.
Guess who I picked that up from........ in the chat room, @uncledan .

I do love having long strings without power injection, but i'm sure a mega tree would be easy and not need long lengths of wire for power injection.