Chinese New Year closures

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's almost Chinese new year so if you're ordering anything then you can expect delays. I don't know how long Ray Wu and other suppliers of blinky stuff are closed for but 1 of the Chinese suppliers that I deal with today told me that they are closed from the 4th till the 18th of Feb 2013. If you haven't ordered by today you may not get an order before the end of Feb.

Madko

Full time elf
Hey all,
I made an order about a week ago and sent Ray an email yesterday asking about my order. He informed me that they were out of stock even though I placed my order. he said that supplies should be in within 2 days and that he will give me my tracking number then. I ordered 4 x 2811 5 meter strips, 2 x 300 w SMPS and 50 x pig tails.
Anyway also just informing people of another possible delay

Cheers

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
yes, the long closures have started. not trying to hijack this thread. but my message seemed related.

it is affecting our suppliers/assemblers for almost a month. we missed the window on some incoming high tech parts that we tranship through Hong Kong to reach our assemblers in Guangzhou. so many of our products will be out of stock in the next few weeks and we will have to wait for almost the first of March for any new stock.

my agent gave me the following:

Official holiday: Feb 9 to Feb 12
Most company: Feb 7 to Feb 17
Most factories (our assembler): Feb 1 to Feb 25.
Some express companies (our freight forwarder / customs agent): Jan 24 to Feb 20.

-Ed

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
David_AVD said:
Geeze, they really like to stretch that holiday out ! :eek:

They work hard for us for the rest of the year so let them have their little break :p

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
It looks to be that time of year again. Ray Wu and other Chinese suppliers will be closed from now until about the 27th Feb.

The below is from my main Chinese component supplier.

Kindly please note China will be in Chinese New Year Holiday from Feb 11st to 27th

multicast

Senior elf
You should have seen it last Friday. Its like the week before Christmas x 25Million People. Its bedlam, people going everywhere. It took me 2and a bit hours just to get across the border at LuHuo ( china/hkg ), they reckon that about 2.5Million people will cross there on that day alone.. Oh and i had a APEC card so was able to use the "fast" lane.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
David_AVD said:

In my experience through my work, many of the factory workers go home to their families for the holiday and then many never actually return back to work, thus putting an even bigger strain on the suppliers to keep up with global demands.

multicast

Senior elf
djgra79 said:
David_AVD said:

In my experience through my work, many of the factory workers go home to their families for the holiday and then many never actually return back to work, thus putting an even bigger strain on the suppliers to keep up with global demands.

We expect to loose about 15-20% of our workforce.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Airline tickets to China or HK for around this period are over 3k when compare to being normally under or around 1K

multicast

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:
Airline tickets to China or HK for around this period are over 3k when compare to being normally under or around 1K

Yes there is a lot of demand, and also internally.. If you are going to travel to China, this is not a great time.. everything is busy, take longer etc etc.

I'd suggest that a month after CNY is probably the optimal time.