Comms Error in LOR

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi everyone
I am in need of some assistance with a error that is now appearing every time l try and get LOR up and running.

Comms Port ERROR 8002 Open serial port has failed

I have tried several fixes however nothing seems to work in fixng the issue.
I even install LOR totally but this did not fix it either.

Can anyone help with an answer to fixing the problem?
[attachimg=2]

Thanks
Jeromej

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 50

Gilrock

Full time elf
I've switched to using the Falcon Pi Player so I run all my LOR stuff using DMX via E1.31. But I'm still familiar with the hardware. Obviously there is some type of issue with the software trying to open the com port. It could be a problem with the USB dongle. I just had someone in the neighborhood show up yesterday to borrow one of the LOR USB to RS485 dongles because his stopped working. I'd recommend you start with running the "Light-O-Rama Hardware" program. Hit the Auto Configure and see if it finds the COM ports. It also allows you to manually select the COM port. Then to the right hit the Refresh button and the drop down beside it should populate with your units. I have had issues with the program not always detecting all my units. You can set Max Unit ID to the highest value you have in your units to shorten the time it will spend searching for units.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is the dongle in the same usb port that corresponds to the Com7 as LOR gets cranky and may give that error if it's in the wrong USB port and thus a different com port?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
If none of the above works, unplug the dongles, try uninstalling (including driver) all the COMports.

Then one by one plug the dongle back in and let it install again. It should install the drivers again but if not they are available on LOR website.

Then go to Hardware Utility and find the controllers then make sure the Network preferences match.

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Thanks everyone for your support.
And everyone in the chat room on Saturday night

I finally found the cause of the problem.

The solution was to update the driver certificates as they were not windows certified
Once l update these everything started working again.

Thanks again.