computerised light controllers

linx

New elf
Hi all am new at this but I have been asked for next year to create a awesome light show on a house, they want lights to go with music. I have done a little reserch and all I seem to come up with is Light o rama systems but seem to have the problem that they are American made there fore not instantly compatible with aussie power, so what i am asking is there a Australia branded light controllers similar to light o rama? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

linx

New elf
I would also like any info on where i can get the systems from, This is going to be set up for a charity and will be accepting donations, the person who is fronting the bill has said that the outlay of cost is not a problem so cost is not an issue thanks

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
The easiest solution is LOR. they do come from the states and can be configured as AU controllers for 240v. LOR is very PLug and Play.
Other stuff that you may come across in here can be more impressive but comes not so much with a huge price tag but a lot of time invested.

Bird

LOR user
It would seem a consideration when doing a display for someone other than yourself for it to operate is as close to hassle free as possible.

In a situation like that, the only recommendation I would have is LOR controllers which can be configured for AUS 240v so no issue there. LOR also makes DC controllers which would be much safer to use. (12vDC as compared to 240vAC)

As for software, you could use LOR S3 (with SuperStar, if using CCR's (RGB strips).

You have some large LOR displays in Australia as well as large DIY (do it yourself) displays. Many of the large and small displays are members here. Depending on the display you want to do will be a factor on the software you use. It may only require S3 or a different more expensive package all together.

I'm sure over the month or so (after the display season) you will have a lot of friendly people around you that will be glad to assist with information and get you on the right track.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bird said:
It would seem a consideration when doing a display for someone other than yourself for it to operate is as close to hassle free as possible.

In a situation like that, the only recommendation I would have is LOR controllers which can be configured for AUS 240v so no issue there. LOR also makes DC controllers which would be much safer to use. (12vDC as compared to 240vAC)

As for software, you could use LOR S3 (with SuperStar, if using CCR's (RGB strips).

You have some large LOR displays in Australia as well as large DIY (do it yourself) displays. Many of the large and small displays are members here. Depending on the display you want to do will be a factor on the software you use. It may only require S3 or a different more expensive package all together.

I'm sure over the month or so (after the display season) you will have a lot of friendly people around you that will be glad to assist with information and get you on the right track.
Watch this space for some exciting alternatives for plug and play RGB systems coming next year.

burner

Full time elf
What area are you in Linx? You may be able to swing by one of the ACL members place and have a chat and look at whats running.