Connecting multiple power supplies together

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Nothing new about that rules. :)

I think the official forum standing is that if it is 230 volts, then that is a job for a licensed electrician ONLY.

If someone has to ask, then they should be going nowhere near 230 volts in the first place. :)

QLD only officially went to 230 mid last year.
Been in the industry for 35 years so 240 just flows and most transformers struggle to drop down to 230
And anything above 50VAC and 75VDC

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Did the actual voltage delivered actually change anywhere? It certainly didn't around here.

As far as I can tell, the new spec just changed the nominal voltage and the tolerance to make existing supplies comply.

bpratt

Senior elf
it generally sits above 240v in most places due to all the solar feeding back in most daylight hours

My post was more for letting people know if you have to ask the question about 230 volts, then they should not be touching it in the first place. :)

Ltmup

Full time elf
Agree. You can't see it, smell it or hear it but you sure as Santa can feel it

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
No it did not as it is tooooooo hard to change every transformer
It is the nominal value with +-?%

Rickras85

Apprentice elf
Was more to stop people complaining they aren’t getting 240 from the street. This was pre solar days though. Although a lot of factories with their own transformer will often have 250v A-n and about 430 p-p. And everything still works fine.