Controller choice

dannyp

Full time elf
I hope this is in the correct place, but I bought some of the following lights thinking that I could control them with an ECGP12 controller.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/213979455.html

I think I may have made a mistake as I bought 10 of these for a spinner thinking I could connect them each to each other and then to the p12. However I am not so sure now and I am thinking that I need a dumb controller to do so.

Am I right or can I use the p12?
If I can't use the p12, can someone suggest which controller I should get?

Many thanks

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Almost any DC controller will work with those strips. You'll need 3 x the number of strips as channels. eg: 8 arms x 3 colours (each arm) = 24 DC channels.

dannyp

Full time elf
Ok thanks. If I am using e1.31 for other parts of the display, is there a controller that uses this protocol? Or do I need some sort of converter so I can use E1.31 as well as DMX?

With the controllers from Ray, are they any good or would I try so,etching from Audiovisualdevices?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The new 15 and 30 channel 2811 to DC boards that I'm currently designing are an easy solution for you. I basically made them as people are going to mainly pixel displays with a few dc elements. With those boards you don't need dmx anywhere. Info on it is here.

dannyp

Full time elf
Aah that sounds old. Are these available yet as I would need something to cater for 60 channels?