Controller Help

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's very little info on that page but they do look like they are basically just 12V dumb strip and should be able to be ran off any of the dc boards (lor, dmx, diy like renard etc). It should be possible to cut the strip into lengths and it is entirely possible that there will be markings on the strip indicating where it can be cut.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
2.Waterproof level IP20

This comment in the details below in that link has me worried, as well as the picture

IP 20 is definetly not waterproof

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
To me it seems pretty reasonable but you have to be a bit dubious on the quality when the ad says that its RGB Waterproof and the specs say that it's IP20 which means that it has a very low level of intrusion protection (i think IP2x means you can't fit a finger in any hole) and has absolutely no water intrusion protection.

ewanh

what goes here?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would also like to warn those buying the resin drip type strip (mainly from Ebay) this strip is only covered on the top surface and does not have any coating on the back except for some tape. This strip can easily fail in the weather and is really not a good choice if being used in exposed areas. Its still OK if it being used under eaves and such but i would be very cautious about exposing it to the elements. Others who have tested have had failures with the resin drip type strip when left outside exposed to the elements

Best to use the silicone tube and just add some silicone at the ends to increase the weatherproof abilaties. Or else use the solid silicone type strip that is coated on both sides.