controller hook-ups to LSP

candlelight

New elf
I think i'm making the switch to LSPv2 for my new RGB pixels this year since LOR seems like it would be really hard to program with RGB. With LSP i'll be using the P12R from joshua1 sytems for the pixels. I have a dozen or so LOR controllers that i'd like to hook-up. Can i use the usb-rs485 adapter that came with my LOR stuff or am I going to have to get a dmx dongle?

Also I was thiking of hooking up the p12r to my laptop through a wireless switch? Would that work or would that slow down the performance of my pixels too much? For starters, i'll be hooking up 600 digital pixels.

Thanks for your help, been reading this forum for the past 2 weeks straight. All the diagrams and videos posted are extremely helpful. Thanks to all who posted those...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Your LOR dongle should work as an open DMX dongle in LSP. By using this you will not need any LOR to DMX adaptors unless your also running native DMX controllers.
You can use wireless, but its not recommended as it may easily miss packets in the transmission causing odd behavior as there is no error checking with e1.31. But nothing stopping you giving it a go.

candlelight

New elf
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info! Only reason I was going to try wireless is because my ethernet jack is broken on my laptop. You'd think I'd fix it instead of working around it, but come on, I got lights to program :)